Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tempo GL Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up yall, yesterday I had to go meet someone over the mississippi river from where I live and after meeting him I still had 2 hours before going to work. Theres this u pull it over there that I have been dying to go check out but never got to go. They have about 25 t-bodies (tempos, topazes) all years over there and I wish I would have had a notebook or something to do a list of them. There are plenty of manuals, probably over half of the cars have them, but there are no v6s and no gls's. I found one gls but it had no body kit and the werent any bolt holes anywhere.

I also found a 1st gen topaz that had what looked to be leather inside but the drivers seat had been cut. Is is leather or vynil since I dont believe leather was ever offered?

I found some real nice seats in a ford probe that had had an engine fire, some clean 240sx seats, and plenty of eclipse seats. There were few leather seats and most were all cut up. I'm deciding on whether or not to get the probe or 240sx seats since they are somewhat better than the ones I have now.

I also found at least 9 gauge clusters with tachs. i'll be going soon enough and getting one for myself since I could use the odometer to tell me how far its been since my last fill-up because my gas gauge doesnt work. I need to know if all cars had both connectors or the sport cluster had a different harness?

If anyone is interested in a gauge cluster with tach, please let me know and I'll pull one and sell it to you. With taxes and gas included ( its 50 miles from my house), I could probably sell them for about $30 bucks plus shipping. I would also clean them off.

I'll keep yall informed,
Paul

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
I think that it's been discussed before, and I think that the sport cluster has different wiring in the dash than the standard cluster. If you can, go remove your instrument cluster and see how many electrical plugs you have in the back. My sport cluster has two, and I think the standard only has one.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts