Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 mustang convertible and I really would like to start bringing my bike places to ride. I do not know whether to get a hitch and use a bike rack or use a trunk rack ..trunk rack kinda scares me-ha....any input would be appreciated...thank u

·
Super Moderator
7,896 Posts
Since you have a convertible, you're kind of stuck with either a trunk rack or trailer. I'd go with a trunk rack, if you're only dealing with one or two bikes.

·
Super Moderator
1,178 Posts
I have never seen a trunk rack that, regardless of how careful one is, didn't eventually result in a scratch or two (at least bungee the pedals). My daughter's '09 coupe is one of them. That leaves a hitch mount. Hitch receivers look funky on a Mustang, but not as bad as scratches. Perhaps it's time to add an F-150 to the heard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have never seen a trunk rack that, regardless of how careful one is, didn't eventually result in a scratch or two (at least bungee the pedals). My daughter's '09 coupe is one of them. That leaves a hitch mount. Hitch receivers look funky on a Mustang, but not as bad as scratches. Perhaps it's time to add an F-150 to the heard.
ha....yes not gonna do the trunk rack as it scares me that it will scratch the car....as far as the hitch..I've watched a few videos and it doesn't look as bad as one would think. So I think that's what I'm going to go with. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Watch out! Receiver hitches are made differently. Some have much of the main body exposed, and others conceal it really well so you just see the actual receiver. A big ugly steel tube sticking out from under your convertible is just what you want, right? 😝😝

Curt makes one that is intended to integrate with the body and hide the hitch as much as possible (part #11210).

You don't have the California special do you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts