Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How phucken stupid can you guys be.
Stoping the NZ primeminister and doing all this **** with out having a clue about what the hell is going on.
Helen Clarke (NZ PM) and Garry Toomey (AIR NZ BOSS) are the heros, and yet the aussies are shouting abuse and completely miss reading the situation.
The NZ government yesterday gave Air NZ $500 MILLION DOLLARS to get Anset Aus out of their problems, and you folk go and do this. - this won't mean much to you's now, but wait till you watch the 6pm news.
All aussies INVOLVED should be ashamed.
And I'm sure you's will do your best to twist the story around.
But my thoughts are with the innocent people (about 15,000 of 'em) who have lost their jobs.

:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The NZ government and AIR NZ have done their downright best to avoid this over the last weeks, but ofcourse those idiots ccan't see that.

:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :cussing:
And Air NZ is being draged down by this.:(

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
It's the union's not the general public here buddy.Yes they have picked on the wrong person realy.Air N.Z paid too much for Anset.See what Dick Smith said here.He gave em heaps! It has been on a down turn for twenty years,T.N.T and others have taken money out too.
I feel for the workers that probably won't get their money..The Aust gov knew about the loss Anset was loosing weeks ago.

·
Banned
5,809 Posts
yes most of the anger is from the unions and most of it is directed at the wrong people but the union is going to blam anyone and everyone, and people like Kim beazley will jump on the bandwagon to try and gain political support in what is an election year.
Either way Pritesh you made an overwhelming generalisation there, and I suggest you calm down....

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
The NZ government and AIR NZ have done their downright best to avoid this over the last weeks, but ofcourse those idiots ccan't see that.

:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :cussing:
And Air NZ is being draged down by this.:(

you are the bloody idiot.......

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Pritesh - you are a bloody fool. If you don't know what is going on in reality shut the f**k up and go back to school. People's lives are in ruin and you make stupid comments. I am literally looking at thousands of Ansett staff whose lives have changed for the worse - the last thing they need to hear is false statements.

Then there's the customers who are clogging the airport with nowhere to go......

There is no single entity to blame for this, except we need to say that detailed review and disclosure will show the TRUE issues in the near future.

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
When your ready to discuss this calmly then OK! How long have Air NZ had an interest in Ansett (NB Spelling!!), how long have they owned Ansett outright, how long have they been trying to get Singapore Airlines to kick the can, why did your Govt. block the increased investment by Singapore and/or QANTAS, the staff have been shafted & the comments from Air NZ lawyers yesterday in the Industrial Commision were, at best, ill considered.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I know how they feel.. I was given the shaft from my last job about 3 weeks ago, they are deep in legal sh!t, and I am unlikely to get the $6,600 they still owe me. :thumbdown :fmad:

On the upside, at least I have the skills & qualifications to land something reasonable fairly soon. :thumbup:

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
I have no detailed facts about what happened but ansett has certainly brought Air NZ to it's knee's.What seems strange is that a lot of the trouble with the planes came about after ansett was bought.Did Air NZ not check it out properly or was something hidden or did something change after the sale.I am not in any position to know anything about it though.

·
Autralian Ford Member
35 Posts
All these people want Howard to give them their full benefits.

Why should the government get involved if they have nothing to do with the company? Is the government going to pay "Uncle Tony" a bunch of money when his pizza joint goes out of business?

·
Evil Holden Overlord
920 Posts
Air NZ cut Ansett loose before it got the $500 million. Ansett will see $0 of that money.

There are no hero's in this story - everyone loses.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
priteshpatel99 said:
How phucken stupid can you guys be.
Stoping the NZ primeminister and doing all this **** with out having a clue about what the hell is going on.
Helen Clarke (NZ PM) and Garry Toomey (AIR NZ BOSS) are the heros, and yet the aussies are shouting abuse and completely miss reading the situation.
The NZ government yesterday gave Air NZ $500 MILLION DOLLARS to get Anset Aus out of their problems, and you folk go and do this. - this won't mean much to you's now, but wait till you watch the 6pm news.
All aussies INVOLVED should be ashamed.
And I'm sure you's will do your best to twist the story around.
But my thoughts are with the innocent people (about 15,000 of 'em) who have lost their jobs.

:fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad: :fmad:
Pritesh, there's alot more to it than we would know. How can a company be very profitable 2 years ago and now be losing money all of a sudden?

It's the last thing we need after an already terrible week.

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
mmm I had tickets to go ansett to perth on friday for a wedding, got alternate tickets via qantus but decided not to bother as probably more people desparate to travel than I.

Australians hate extreme islamic fundamentalists and kiwis at the moment.

Well thats probably a bit over the top some islamic fundamentalists are not to bad.

If your looking for a hero have a look in New York @ the moment not @ your skanky primeminister and cockfisted toomey

·
The Third Power
1,332 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
I have no detailed facts about what happened but ansett has certainly brought Air NZ to it's knee's.What seems strange is that a lot of the trouble with the planes came about after ansett was bought.Did Air NZ not check it out properly or was something hidden or did something change after the sale.I am not in any position to know anything about it though.
yeah I hope you find something soon.

think you can make it to the creek on Wednesday ?

·
Interloper from LS1.com
768 Posts
Ansett has been going down the gurgler for a long time - Air NZ didn't do a thorough due dilligence on it and got screwed.

I have also seen figures that Ansett, this time last year, was actually loosing twice what has been reported over the last week. Air NZ poured money in to stop the rot but it was too set in.

I don't like it, I hate to see 10's of thousands of people out of work.

I have to go to work tomorrow and, as a Kiwi, see what the dickheads in the TWU are going to say to me. These are the bright sparks who reacted to one Airline being shut down by trying to shut the other one down with industrial action.

On the subject of the NZ PM being stuck in Melbourne, whilst it isn't right it is darn funny.

But it didn't need to happen in the most farked up week in my memory.

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Just going to throw my two cents worth in...

This one will not go away any time soon..

The Australian Companies & Securities Commission are currently investigating the improprietories of Air New Zealand and its Management. A number of questions have been raised including:

Why have all the Catering expenses for Air New Zealand Planes been billed against Ansett?

Why have the Australian refuelling bills of Air New Zealand been billed against Ansett?

And why is it that as late as Thusrday night it is reported that an Air NZ Jet was sent to Australia to remove Jet engines from Ansett planes and return to NZ with them ?

Bendan: A thorough Due Dilligence was carried out and as I have personally seen the profit figures for Ansett prior to the purchase ($172 million profit), let me just say (someone has stripped Ansett of a lot of capital) in the last 12 months....
This looks a lot like the HIH debacle!!!

Nipper....

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
I too would hate to be on the recieving end of the Ansett job losses - there are people who work for them that are struggling enough as it is and then for this to happen.

I don't really know every detail at the moment, but I would be pointing the blame at the board of directors at both Ansett and Air New Zealand for the collapse of Ansett.

Though one thing that strikes a nerve in me is that the NZ Government and the general NZ public are getting blamed for something that they have no involvement in.:(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.