Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey pplz, i jus spoke to some pplz down here in sydney about sum parts i want for da I6 EbII, I got quoted 2800 for cylinder heads (yella terra) and about 500 for crow cam....NOT INSTALLED! i got quoted 300 for gaskets too......what would a good price for these plus labour cost me cause i aint forkin out 5k and i still want a ecu too
thanks guys

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
you dont need heads, you need a head.

If you buy all the gear you want second hand but reco'd you could save yourself over half of that.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I bought a full ACL gasket set for $190 and I thought that was expensive, the RACE set was $215.

Wade do cam regrinds for ~$160 and have a heap of grinds. Kelford Kams on the Gold Coast will do it for $80 but only have about 5 grinds.

You could get your head reco'd and fully ported with a proper 3 angle valve job and springs for ~$1500.

·
AKA: Spaniard
848 Posts
Head could be cheaper, cam is about that much (brand new), gaskets should be cheaper unless they have something that others don't!

·
E-Series Acting VP
1,432 Posts
Adzi said:
Hey pplz, i jus spoke to some pplz down here in sydney about sum parts i want for da I6 EbII, I got quoted 2800 for cylinder heads (yella terra) and about 500 for crow cam....NOT INSTALLED! i got quoted 300 for gaskets too......what would a good price for these plus labour cost me cause i aint forkin out 5k and i still want a ecu too
thanks guys

G'day mate, you should be able to get some better prices than that...

Firstly, there's not really a need to get a yella terra head... you could do better by getting someone to work your current head (for around a 3rd of the price if you take the head off yourself)

You should be able to pick up a crow cam for around 350-400 directly from crow. Otherwise get a reground cam for around 150ish (although you will also need shims)...

You should be able to buy a quality gasket set (head, rocker cover, manifolds, etc.) for around 100 ish.

Cheers,
Dave

1 - 5 of 5 Posts