Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 89 Crown Vic with a 302 & 340000 miles on it. Still a good running car I put 160 miles every day on. Problem is Ive noticed it blows oil out of dipstick tube. I changed pcv valve and it doesnt seem to help. The old girl is about ready for retirement but Id like to get a few more miles out of it. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
re: blowing oil....

I had a 79 Versailles at one time that would keep plugging up the vacume line from the base of the carb to either the PCV valve or something else..... but the PCV valve seemed to have vacume if I remember right.... anyway... ended up find this tube restricted, cleaned it out with parts cleaner and a piece of clothes hanger..... and after that, things were great!!!! It used to fill up the air cleaner with oil......

No more oil bath after this!

Look for something fully or partially clogged up. The way that the Ford systems circulated sludge particles makes them prone to excessive garp buildup....... just pull a valvecover on any mid 70-s to mid 80's Cleveland type motor and you'll know what I mean! It ain't purty!

Good luck!
Steve

·
Mod/Crown Vic Cruiser
129 Posts
heheh cant help you with that one..... my car has 99,000 miles.... I am hoping to atleast get to 120,000 with out blowing oil..let alone 340,000 miles!!!
And, a CV is NEVER ready for retirement :hy: Keep on truckin, and see how far she goes...

Jonathan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts