Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Probe Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 93 Probe was in an accident. I am getting a used airbag for it. Can I install the airbag myself? Is there a fuel cutout after the airbag deployed? If yes, how do I reset it.
Thank you.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
The fuel cut-off switch is in the trunk, sitting in the driver's side rear panel and covered with a rubber boot. It's a small switch kind of hard to reach. As far as I know, the fuel cut off light should be showing to let you know it's been tripped. ;)

·
Probe Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gil star, your airbag

What is the color of your airbag (white)? How much do you want for it? Do you have the radio as well?

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
I would recommend getting a Probe Service manual for your year of car if you plan on replacing the airbag yourself. Theres certain steps that it lists out. These manuals are not real easy to come about since they were made for Ford Service depts...

·
Probe Member
37 Posts
I'd get the manual. Also, has the rest of tyhe car been professionally repaired? Most airbag systems are often operated by physical sensors in the fender area that are pushed in when an accident occurs and tells tha bag to deploy. If this isn't fixed, a new airbag could potentially deploy.

Airbags can certainly be dangerous.... I think this is an area that I would leave to professionals.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts