• NO - answer PM's instead

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people,

I have had a number of PM's in regards to my Blue LED dash conversion asking about further details on the conversion to get it bright enough.

Purpose of this thread is to see if I should pull my dash apart (again) and take some pics of the work done so that any one wanting to attempt the conversion can, or should I continue to just answer the PM's, I am happy to do the tech guide if there is enough genuine interest.

Jason

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Yeah doco!

BTW, did you have any problems putting your climate control back together? I pulled it totally apart (the white bit the glode plugs into away from the circut board) and now the display is fudged :S At first it didn't show anything, then I tightened the screws a bit, about half was showing up, tighten them some more and it's back to nothing.

It ain't a fuse for sure, the air con still works and all the lights show up.

oooopsie, off the the garage for Rob!

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All the gauges have worked 100% first time put back together (and I have pulled them as apart as is possible without a soldering iron), the climate, the trip, and the cluster, so cant offer anything there :0)

Jason

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Hrmmmm this sucks, I don't wanna fork out the extra money for a new bleedin unit.

I always break things lol

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The LCD has a strip with wire in it, to conduct voltage to the LCD to light the certain segments to give the display as required, check that is connecting cleanly, maybe you bumped that when pulling it apart (99% of LCD's work that way so I should be right)

Jason

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's not connecting properly.

When I tightened the screws for the first time and half of it decided to work I figured they just needed a bit more torque on them to get it done properly. Tighten them up and nothing.

I'll go rip it apart again and try again. That's if I don't round the screw heads first :S

BTW; reguarding the cluster mod, I picked up a digi dash facia the other day and I'm working on it. If all goes to plan, end of march :)

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
i have done my dash all nice n blue looks mad. tryed with the trip and climate control azwell but with the trip my search buton wont light up, climate control buttons turn up blue but not very bright. So yeah i wouldnt mind some help with that

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool - we are talking the white numbers instead of horrible yellow mod right ??

Hope you get the climate control back to normal.

Jason

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yeah i know theres few EA-ED owners who have asked me about doing the dash so i say go for it.
Dont spoze ya know if ya can get the actually screen of the clock etc blue if a EF?

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If I had one then I am sure it MAY be possible, but from memory they have an orange filter in front not behind the LCD so would make it hard, but nothing is impossible :0)

Anyone got one I can expirement with :0)

Jason

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
oo000oo yeah so you'd just have to take the filter out and replace with a clear one or something..

Some one please give the man a climate control :p

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well a bit of Blue PVC (folder divider) or some other trick pending looking at it closer, and about 4 blue LED's I reckon placed correctly, and hey presto, but I do need one to work on first :0), and confirm it all.

Jason

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Yeah my mate owns a rice shop and i buy all my led's all set up ready just to plug in i tried a couple wedge type blue spread LED's but yeah not bright :-(

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Yep, the white facias to get rid of that horrible yellow. Only problem with the digi dash; the yellow border around the speedo and door warning thing will have to either stay or be painted, those are part of the displays.

EF_Ghia, I think I know why the climate control isn't showing up too bright. The Climate control globe is 2 watts, whereas the trip comp/dash lights are 0.5 watts. (Think I got that right). Your best bet would be wiring three LEDs in the socket like they did on Fordmods.

Any news on the LED globes? I can't find em anywhere over here :( When I've got the dosh would you be able to pick a set up and post em to me? With some on top of course.

lol I'm so pushy.

·
i pity tha fool
1,040 Posts
yeh this mod is for the digital speedos in ea-ebs yeh?\

us analog dial dudes gotta put up with the orange crap.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
ive put my vote in and i say do the guide, i need to see how you done your quadrant so i can do mine!! i know ive already told you this but ah well.

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
GO for it mate Im keenly interested..

1 - 20 of 22 Posts