R.S.LOGAN· Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
- Ford BlueCruise adoption is quickly growing as 15,000 2021 F-150 and Mach-E customers have received the technology through Ford Power-Up software updates with 35,000 more in process; combined with factory offerings, approximately 66,500 customers are now enjoying the hands-free highway driving innovation that launched in July 2021
- Available Ford BlueCruise hands-free driving more than doubled to 10.6 million miles since last month with Vegas and Cape Canaveral as top stretches of prequalified sections of divided highways called Hands-Free Blue Zones that make up more than 130,000 miles of North American roads
- Ford BlueCruise is the best example yet of Ford Power-Up technology transforming ownership experiences by regularly making vehicles better over time and redefining periodic customer relationships to “always on”
- Ford is aggregating voluntarily shared, anonymized data to make BlueCruise even better by refining visuals, sensing and steering to help the system ‘drive’ more like people
And now Ford Power-Up software updates are bringing BlueCruise to even more customers who bought vehicles before the technology launched. Nearly 15,000 2021 F-150 and Mustang Mach-E customers already completed the BlueCruise software updates with another 35,000 in process. This adds to customers who bought vehicles with BlueCruise equipped at the factory, totaling about 66,500 customers enjoying hands-free highway driving.
“We are rapidly increasing the number of digital vehicles on the road with new services that create ‘always-on’ customer relationships with great software experiences,” said CEO Jim Farley. “BlueCruise is a great example as customers have driven more than 10 million miles hands-free in just one year since we launched the capability and delivered it with a Ford Power-Up software update.”
BlueCruise caps the first year of Ford Power-Up software updates, demonstrating the transformative capability to improve many computer-controlled vehicle systems – which most other major automakers lack – to regularly make vehicles better and deepen relationships with customers. Ford is using anonymized data insights customers voluntarily share to make BlueCruise even better by refining visuals, sensing and steering for more natural performance.
The pace of BlueCruise hands-free highway driving is accelerating as customers more than doubled mileage from last month alone – from 4.5 million miles to 10.6 million miles. This is another example of Ford bringing innovations to the masses, not just the few.
Recent BlueCruise data also shows customers are driving hands-free on highways most between Dallas and Houston, Salt Lake City and Las Vegas, and Cape Canaveral and Ft. Lauderdale.
“Ford Power-Up technology is the gift that keeps giving. Ford BlueCruise software updates are a powerful example of this. One day you’re driving normally and the next hands-free,” said Farid Abdulhadi, program manager, Ford Power-Up Technology. “Ford is helping lead the mainstream adoption of advanced software update capability, similar to how smartphones changed the world of flip phones.”
The BlueCruise software update highlights a series of new features and enhancements – including Mustang Mach-E games, EV charging and driving upgrades as well as F-150 productivity features – Ford has delivered in the first year since launching the technology.
# # #
* Available feature. Includes a three-year connected service plan with regular map updates after which purchase is required. Requires FordPass® App and modem activation. Driver-assist features are supplemental and do not replace the driver’s attention, judgment and need to control the vehicle. Ford BlueCruise is a hands-free highway driving feature. Only remove hands from the steering wheel when in a Hands-Free Blue Zone. Always watch the road and be prepared to resume control of the vehicle. It does not replace safe driving. See Owner’s Manual for details and limitations.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan, that is committed to helping build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. The company’s Ford+ plan for growth and value creation combines existing strengths, new capabilities and always-on relationships with customers to enrich experiences for and deepen the loyalty of those customers. Ford develops and delivers innovative, must-have Ford trucks, sport utility vehicles, commercial vans and cars and Lincoln luxury vehicles, as well as connected services. Additionally, Ford is establishing leadership positions in mobility solutions, including self-driving technology, and provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. Ford employs about 182,000 people worldwide. More information about the company, its products and Ford Credit is available at corporate.ford.com.