Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont know if its me or what, but Im starting to get frustrated no end trying to sell my car. Its ridiculous to know that your trying to sell a genuine vehicle to someone who will respect it for what its got, only to get people coming over to root you around. Ive had no end of people trying to dick me over, when all Im trying to do is be fair. Everybody wants something for nothing, and it pisses me off! I know this isnt new to anyone here, but I think credit is due where its needed. I mean the car is price competatively with others there, its extremely well looked after and maintained (ask any SA e-series member) and hasnt been thrashed. But still Im getting the same old people thinking 'Hmm, maybe I can screw this guy over even more' and trying to get away with it. :angry:

Am I being overly sensitive on this, or has times changed for the worse again and I am only to look forward in getting reamed even harder?

Tell me where Im going wrong here? Do I need to change me thinking?

·
Ford Enthusiast
480 Posts
with that car, it should only attract like-minded individuals who will appreciate it to no end, but then again it may attract morons who will abuse it. but basically, if someone who is trying to buy it is stupid/inconsiderate enough to try and screw you over then they obviously aren't deserving of it and will not treat it right. within reason of course. there should be a few genuine buyers out there though who are after that sort of car, cos in my eyes an eb8 is different and yours does look superb, and its just a matter of one of these buyers finding your car. may be rambling cos im tired as all hell, but i thought id put forth a bit of a view on the matter

·
Slightly Supercharged
464 Posts
This is no good Shav.

So whats the kind of crap you're getting? People trying to find fault in it so they can knock the price down a bit?

I certainly wouldnt take it personally. The world's full of assholes, seems like its getting worse every day, lol. It is a shame though. How many times do you hear someone day "Oh, im looking for a nice clean car, reliable, with plenty of go, something a little different.....". Well look no further FFS!

Maybe a change in marketing strategy? Any marketing experts in here? What lines are you pursuing at the moment? Obviously here on the forums, I assume there's still a 'for sale' sign in the window. Is she in the trader? gets a bit pricey after a while tho. Lol, bit of a longshot but see plenty of cars on eBay.

Dont get too stressed. Cherish the time you have left with the blue oval - she'll be gone soon!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i had the same problems,took ages to sell it ,and was dicked around heaps of time drove half way to meet people ,and they wasted my time and money on fuel i didnt need to buy.

it sucks ,i live in the blue monuntains and drove to the other side of sydney for this wanker to look at it said i wasnt going to go any lower then $4500 or there was no point in me selling it .
so he said yeah thats fine we can work something out ,so i drove 1 1/2 hrs to his place in castlehill,so he could show his wife.

and then says i can only offer you $4000 so i said no i told you no lower then $4500 or theres no point in me selling it ,so he get haggeling at me and i stod my ground and said NO,so he said take it or leave it and i left it and ripped a massive burnout on his driveway for WASTEING my TIME and MONEY .

AND THEN a week later i sold it to a young guy for ....

$5000 so it all worked out in the end. :)

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
No good Shav. Selling is a very different experience to buying. I understand now why people would accept crappy trade-in offers from dealerships.

·
Yes, fords still kick
668 Posts
Mate I know exactly what you are talking about. I put my car in for a RWC and said I would get the certificate only to have no reply after 2 weeks of sms's from one bloke hassling me about it. It certainly is a mugs game selling a car.

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
I can understand where you are coming from...buuut, you serious are trying to tell me you dont attempt to haggle every little cent when you are buying a car?

·
Wildlife Photographer
1,413 Posts
blueoval said:
I dont know if its me or what, but Im starting to get frustrated no end trying to sell my car. Its ridiculous to know that your trying to sell a genuine vehicle to someone who will respect it for what its got, only to get people coming over to root you around. Ive had no end of people trying to dick me over, when all Im trying to do is be fair. Everybody wants something for nothing, and it pisses me off! I know this isnt new to anyone here, but I think credit is due where its needed. I mean the car is price competatively with others there, its extremely well looked after and maintained (ask any SA e-series member) and hasnt been thrashed. But still Im getting the same old people thinking 'Hmm, maybe I can screw this guy over even more' and trying to get away with it. :angry:

Am I being overly sensitive on this, or has times changed for the worse again and I am only to look forward in getting reamed even harder?

I'm sorry to hear if you think that I fall into this category.
I'm trying my hardest to sell my car, so I can buy yours.:wnc:
But it all takes time mate, I'm also sick of waiting.
If I didn't get 'dicked over' by my bank, I'd be cruising in your car this instant.
Anyways, Shav, I hope you find a genuine buyer soon. And I hope it's me !

·
Registered
43 Posts
blueoval said:

Oh mate tell me about it, within the last year I have sold 2 cars and am currently selling another they have all been cheaper than any car equivelant to them and in better condition, The current car im selling is cheap as, it has had shitloads spent on it. I am getting heaps of enquirys because of the price but all I get are dickheads its like they ring you to ask if its sold and if it isnt you never hear from them again anyway and when it is sold they are spuing cos they wanted it. Everyone who has inspected the car has been happy and seem keen then you either never hear from them or you get a ridiculous offer. And the questions I have been asked about the car are unbeleivable, one guy wanted me too tell him exactly where I had bought the car even after I said it was private in Brisbane its like he wanted the guy I bought it off's address. I AM SO SICK OF TYRE KICKERS!.

Oh and a better one, A guy enquired about it yesterday and asked me all about it, this is after seeing it on a website which lists full specs and pictures of the car by the way and I told him my reason for sale was to finish my Group N Bathurst Pacer which it is and he said oh yeah I dont like AP5's but I might be interested in your other cars when they are finished I couldnt beleive it.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
If I were you I'd knock the price up 500 quid, let them haggle you down the 500. They think the've won but you're the real winner.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Holly shit how Ironic is that, The people who where supposed to come at 6PM just rocked up and gave me a deposit and didnt haggle HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA they rocked up at the door just after my Rant.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
bwahahha.
Sorry to head blueoval.
I know some people just want a cheap car.
Its really a matter of finding *the* car for the right person.
I paid more then i should of for my EF, but it was low KM's and on LPG, which were really important to me.
Hopefully it turns around soon :eek:

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Man, that sucks.

How much do you actually want for it ? It's a very nice example from what i've seen in pics.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Currently $7,999..
Shav I've had my eye on it for a while (as it seems Van Gelder has to)
Also noticed the price drop.
I haven't owned a V8 before but family members have & they keep freaking me out about fuel costs and rego increase & then there's insurance.
I would have enquired about the car by now but word has it my place of employment aint doin greatly so I'm trying to be wise and hang off buying my next car.
The 1 and only thing that i don't like about it is that before i know it it'd be over 200,000 k's.. Other than that it's perfect, fits the budget and it's not missing any cylinders..
You probably have other people secretly plotting to buy it to.
Hang in there a bit longer and don't drop the price any lower. I haven't seen it in person but keep hearing it's in great condition and one of the best EB xr's available..

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, I didnt realise others are or have been in a similar situation than me. Thanks for the words of encouragement fellas.

EB-maen said:
with that car, it should only attract like-minded individuals who will appreciate it to no end, but then again it may attract morons who will abuse it. but basically, if someone who is trying to buy it is stupid/inconsiderate enough to try and screw you over then they obviously aren't deserving of it and will not treat it right. within reason of course. there should be a few genuine buyers out there though who are after that sort of car, cos in my eyes an eb8 is different and yours does look superb, and its just a matter of one of these buyers finding your car. may be rambling cos im tired as all hell, but i thought id put forth a bit of a view on the matter
That has been my main problem so far. I have had people who have good intentions but no funds to back them up. I know I just need the right person to buy, and thats it, but it seems harder than ever now as weeks go by.
4.9 EF Futura said:
This is no good Shav.

So whats the kind of crap you're getting? People trying to find fault in it so they can knock the price down a bit?

I certainly wouldnt take it personally. The world's full of assholes, seems like its getting worse every day, lol. It is a shame though. How many times do you hear someone day "Oh, im looking for a nice clean car, reliable, with plenty of go, something a little different.....". Well look no further FFS!

Maybe a change in marketing strategy? Any marketing experts in here? What lines are you pursuing at the moment? Obviously here on the forums, I assume there's still a 'for sale' sign in the window. Is she in the trader? gets a bit pricey after a while tho. Lol, bit of a longshot but see plenty of cars on eBay.

Dont get too stressed. Cherish the time you have left with the blue oval - she'll be gone soon!
Thanks mate, I do cherish the car but that seems to be part of the issue. I have a car that will be reliable as ever, but nobody sees whats underneath and the things Ive focused on, so therefore they think its the same car as joe bloggs down the road and assume I'll take the lower price. It means more to me than that.
So far Ive had the car in the trading post twice, the advertiser 3 times and on the forums 3 times. Im tired of forking out cash and getting no results.
THEONE said:
i had the same problems,took ages to sell it ,and was dicked around heaps of time drove half way to meet people ,and they wasted my time and money on fuel i didnt need to buy.

it sucks ,i live in the blue monuntains and drove to the other side of sydney for this wanker to look at it said i wasnt going to go any lower then $4500 or there was no point in me selling it .
so he said yeah thats fine we can work something out ,so i drove 1 1/2 hrs to his place in castlehill,so he could show his wife.

and then says i can only offer you $4000 so i said no i told you no lower then $4500 or theres no point in me selling it ,so he get haggeling at me and i stod my ground and said NO,so he said take it or leave it and i left it and ripped a massive burnout on his driveway for WASTEING my TIME and MONEY .

AND THEN a week later i sold it to a young guy for ....

$5000 so it all worked out in the end. :)
Some people have all the luck. Well done dude!

Troutman said:
No good Shav. Selling is a very different experience to buying. I understand now why people would accept crappy trade-in offers from dealerships.
Yes, I understand more than ever now. I HATE selling cars. Its more a buyers market.
fordskick said:
Mate I know exactly what you are talking about. I put my car in for a RWC and said I would get the certificate only to have no reply after 2 weeks of sms's from one bloke hassling me about it. It certainly is a mugs game selling a car.
Thats annoying. Why didnt he just call you up instead of taking the easy way out? he's a shmuck
FoMoCo4eva said:
I can understand where you are coming from...buuut, you serious are trying to tell me you dont attempt to haggle every little cent when you are buying a car?
Yes, but fairs fair, you need to take the car on its merits. If you dont like the price, walk away, but dont insult them by offering them peanuts. Exploiting other misfortunes is not my kind of thing personally. Sure haggle a little but not twist an arm.
VanGelder said:
I'm sorry to hear if you think that I fall into this category.
I'm trying my hardest to sell my car, so I can buy yours.
But it all takes time mate, I'm also sick of waiting.
If I didn't get 'dicked over' by my bank, I'd be cruising in your car this instant.
Anyways, Shav, I hope you find a genuine buyer soon. And I hope it's me !
Mate, dont worry. Im not putting you in this category as I know you have done your utmost to do whats right by your family, and thats the thing I would have done if I were in your position too. You have been kind enough to let me know exactly what has been happening with your bank and kept me well informed. I appreciate that.
What I dont appreciate is absolute time wasters, that ring up, say they arent gonna come over, then say they will come over, then their late to come over, and then complain that the car doesnt have electric windows in it when you explained to him before he came that the car didnt have electric windows in it in the first place. And then base your buy solely on the fact that it doesnt have electric windows. derrrr. Its morons like that, that annoys me.
On the other hand, I do hope that you are the new owner Paul, at least I know I wouldnt be selling the car to people as said above.
CHARGER said:
Oh mate tell me about it, within the last year I have sold 2 cars and am currently selling another they have all been cheaper than any car equivelant to them and in better condition, The current car im selling is cheap as, it has had shitloads spent on it. I am getting heaps of enquirys because of the price but all I get are dickheads its like they ring you to ask if its sold and if it isnt you never hear from them again anyway and when it is sold they are spuing cos they wanted it. Everyone who has inspected the car has been happy and seem keen then you either never hear from them or you get a ridiculous offer. And the questions I have been asked about the car are unbeleivable, one guy wanted me too tell him exactly where I had bought the car even after I said it was private in Brisbane its like he wanted the guy I bought it off's address. I AM SO SICK OF TYRE KICKERS!.

Oh and a better one, A guy enquired about it yesterday and asked me all about it, this is after seeing it on a website which lists full specs and pictures of the car by the way and I told him my reason for sale was to finish my Group N Bathurst Pacer which it is and he said oh yeah I dont like AP5's but I might be interested in your other cars when they are finished I couldnt beleive it.
You said it bud! I agree with ya. TYRE KICKERS stop messing others about, thats what I say!

psycho chicken said:
If I were you I'd knock the price up 500 quid, let them haggle you down the 500. They think the've won but you're the real winner.
Thanks for the tip. Im currently trying that.
NAPARM said:
At least you've got people interested mate, i haven't even had one lousy call about my car...
Currently had no calls over the last 2 weeks, and spent about $200 so far on advertising. I know how you feel.
CHARGER said:
Holly shit how Ironic is that, The people who where supposed to come at 6PM just rocked up and gave me a deposit and didnt haggle HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA they rocked up at the door just after my Rant.
Well done. Thats irony for ya.
EFFalcon said:
bwahahha.
Sorry to head blueoval.
I know some people just want a cheap car.
Its really a matter of finding *the* car for the right person.
I paid more then i should of for my EF, but it was low KM's and on LPG, which were really important to me.
Hopefully it turns around soon :eek:
Sorry to be blunt but, If they wanted a cheap car then they should buy a cheap car, and not screw people with nice cars expecting to get something for nothing. Thats unreasonable and to me, very ungrateful.
But yes, I am waiting for that right person to come along (VanGelder*hint**hint*)
dpk83 said:
Man, that sucks.

How much do you actually want for it ? It's a very nice example from what i've seen in pics.
As JADED6 mentioned, $7999 is what Ive advertised it for as I want as close to 8k as possible, if not get that exact price.
I appreciate the positive comments.
JADED6 said:
Currently $7,999..
Shav I've had my eye on it for a while (as it seems Van Gelder has to)
Also noticed the price drop.
I haven't owned a V8 before but family members have & they keep freaking me out about fuel costs and rego increase & then there's insurance.
I would have enquired about the car by now but word has it my place of employment aint doin greatly so I'm trying to be wise and hang off buying my next car.
The 1 and only thing that i don't like about it is that before i know it it'd be over 200,000 k's.. Other than that it's perfect, fits the budget and it's not missing any cylinders..
You probably have other people secretly plotting to buy it to.
Hang in there a bit longer and don't drop the price any lower. I haven't seen it in person but keep hearing it's in great condition and one of the best EB xr's available..
The car isnt that expensive to run. I normally got about $450 to a tank on regular occasions just driving it normal. Less if I decided to give some stick.:wnc:
Thats a wise decision to wait till employment has sorted itself out.
The car still has 188,000k's on the clock. I drive it every week around where I live just to make sure things are well lubricated. But the car has had regular servicing and I beleive that the car would still perfect when it clocks over the 200k mark, without the engine being opened! I have noone else secretly plotting to buy that I can think of, but if you know of any let me know!
I wont drop the price any lower, but its killing the finances with all this advertising Im doing. I dont think I'd mind as much if I had lots of phone calls, its more the losers who waste my time and our oxygen!:p
Cheers for the positive feedback.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The car isnt that expensive to run. I normally got about $450 to a tank on regular occasions just driving it normal. Less if I decided to give some stick.
I hope you meen Km's mate Jesus Christ has it got twin Kenworth Tanks?

·
AUPS Member
668 Posts
Well mate, I payed $6500 when I bought my EB XR8 in November last year. It had 165,000ks on it and it was in excellent condition. Interior was as new and the exterior was perfect, no scratches or dents and this is from a caryard. I know you've spend a fair bit on it but most buyers dont care. Thats why its just a waste of time fixing things up on your car before putting it on the market because it wont make a difference to the price. But your car is reasonabley priced wouldnt want to go any lower, I was just lucky to get mine at a bargin price.

·
Safety Commitee Tim
315 Posts
its a poor state of affairs. sorry to hear it shav, like most i cant believe it's not been bought. Theres alot of crap passing through the car pages, and you car i must admit, altho partially biast cos its a horn car, but after having seen it go to whoa before, i cant understand these silly people, its quick as it is now and with a few more mods your car could be the slickest looking sleeper to an unknown driver, its 1/2 way there people ...and completly capable of making it to 200,000 and over in tact .... gOOD LUCK THO sHAV i hope with all our good praise you will get the sale.. and the $$$ you deserve, so any guests or new people who come upon this ... we all vouch for this car, so what are you waiting for ...

reagrds tim

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CHARGER said:
I hope you meen Km's mate Jesus Christ has it got twin Kenworth Tanks?
Yes my mistake. 450 kms to a tank. :doh:

Thanks for picking that up.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
About this Discussion
71 Replies
25 Participants
blueoval
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing