Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Linux User
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much I should pay for a body kit for my zetec? infocusmotorsport reckons $1200 plus $800 painting and installation.......ford's kit is $1500+ for an unpainted kit.

Is these the best prices around??

cheers

Andrew

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
pretty much, it's limited to Ford, the others being imported units. Ford kit looks good, is ABS plastic (Infocus is only weaker fibreglass at $1200, ABS Injection moulded plastic is more expensive). The Ford kit looks great and is good quality, however it's not that huge or highly original, it's similar to everyone else's!! I have a factory front spoiler (Tim and myself scored a full kit off Ebay unpainted for $250... gotta love that!!!!!) and Tim has the sides and rear. Let's just say it was a chance of a lifetime buying that. Unwanted kit basically from someone who did 3 crazy Focus kit cars for Sony using the Focus, they gave him a bodykit to thank him and he never bought a Focus himself so he flogged it on Ebay.
SCORE!!!!! Just saving up to put it on now.

·
Registered stingy user
208 Posts
Try these in google:
Reiger tuning
Lumma tuning
Black Widow Focus body kit
Black Widow 2 Focus body kit
Evo 3 Focus body kit or Evo 5 (V)
um....
Cervinis
Saleen
Wolf Concept
Wings west (eerrgh)
Carcept
Stoffler Autoteknic
Gerstmann
Ground designs
Focus wide body
Aqua Focus body kit
RS edition

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
Jetspeed could do ya a custom, (I think) but it may cost ya an arm and a leg.

·
Linux User
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.. I will look into it.....oh yeah, and excuse my poor gramar........I should really re-read before I post

Andrew

·
Linux User
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know how the ford body kit is actually attached to the car? Is it bolted/screwed or stuck on? I was talking to some panel beaters since my local dealer wouldn't fit it, but they wouldn't quote me until they knew how it was attached.

Cheers

Andrew

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Front spoiler is screwed on, just needs 18 holes drilled in the bottom of your bumper and you screw is straight in. Sides require a little glue and some screws also, the rear is glued completely. Easy as. Anybody could do it.

·
2,922 Posts
I am installing the Ford kit side and rears and a fibreglass :fraz: front bar thru a panel beater, and I am paying 820 bucks for spraying and fitment, although 165 of that is the rear bumper respray from a meeting between my Focus and a Falcon. I know these guys do a magic job as I have seen many of their cars that come out. So if you're paying much more than that, I'd look around.

Cheers... Tim

·
Linux User
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks guys, I'll let you guys know how much they quoted when I tell them. I can understand the spray costing a bit of cash but the fitting......then again they should have done this thing before and the last thing I want to do is stuff something up on my car.

Zetec, when you say glued, is there any particular glue or does the kit come with glue, screws etc? whish I could have gotten the deal you guys got.....$250......geeez

·
Linux User
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got a quote for fitting and painting of the kit:

Fitting - $228 ex GST
Painting and finishing - $564.30 ex GST
Total - $896.83 incl GST

Kit from Ford - $1199

That brings it to a grand total of - $2095.83

I was hoping for cheaper fitting and painting, they wanted to take off my front and rear bumpers and repaint them too so there is no obvious difference. I will shop around and try and go back and get a better price.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
avoid the fitting, do it yourself, dead set. It comes with it's own glue I believe... Tim what's in the kit I gave you? I know only my front spoiler has screws.

·
2,922 Posts
The kit sits at an angle anyway, the differences in the angles will make the colour between the kit and bar look different at best. My spraying minus the rear bar repair is only 660 including fitment. I suppose my colour is non metallic though and don't need the blending required, hadn't thought about that. Go Blue Flame!!

The kit comes with everything you need..... and very comprehensive instructions. If I wasn't getting the panel shop to install it, I'd just do it myself. Not sure whats in the kit specifically, the spray shop has it, so it's out of my hair.

If you were here, I'd give you a hand to fit it, no worries. I can understand them charging 200 odd bucks for fitment coz it would take a couple hours I reckon, but it's not hard. If you have the kit already, just read the instructions. By the way, anything over 2 grand is more than Ford charges factory, so I'd be annoyed if I was paying that.

Cheers.. Tim

·
Linux User
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers Tim, bit of a hike though...... I will talk to them again since I am not overly happy with the price. I will tell them about the angle thing too.... it makes sense, when you look at other cars with metallic paint, as soon as the angle changes it looks different anyway. Maybe they are just trying to make a buck extra, at least that is the impression I got when the boss came over and decided to up the hours on almost everything!

Tim, that price you were quoted, did it includ painting the bumpers or just the front and rear bars and skirts?

I still have a couple of other places to check out though.....just got no time right now

cheers

Andrew

·
2,922 Posts
I can understand with a metallic paint blending into the bar - I am not saying that part of it is dodgy... its a more thorough job. But my price is not blending into the bar as I don't have metallic paint - the rear bar is an exception as it is getting repaired from a minor alteration by a Falcon.

Not sure if metallic paint costs more either, which would add to the total cost...

Cheers... Tim

1 - 14 of 14 Posts