Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone got thoughts or suggestions on after market body kits for an AU XR. I got a price from Ford ($4500 NOT PAINTED OR FITTED)The going price price from spoiler shops seems to be between $1500 - $2000. Are there for's and against's?

·
Registered
21 Posts
the big thing against aftermarket is that they're fiberglass.... the kit will sag/warp over time. they aren't always a very good fit either.

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Guys,
I thought all body kits were made of fibreglass. If the Ford factory ones aren't made of this, then what are they made of?

Cheers

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter #5
Ring Steve White at Sydney Special Vehicles. They are really good. They have been doing and are leaders in the aftermarket bodykits. I just had a rear shirts fitted and painted put on mine and it cost $550. So give them a call. Ford wanted $1300.
Matt.

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
Got a quote thru my local ford dealer for a full body kit by bathurst car cosmetics, an XR body kit replica (ie. looks the same as a genuine tickford job) is $1425 painted and fitted, the 'stealth' version being $1600 painted and fitted,. thats apparently dealer price but thats what they would pass it on to me for...

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hello all,
Priced a genuine kit from Titan Ford, Brookvale. Total kit (all skirts, spoilers etc) $ 3.5K, plus hardware to fit.
This is a special deal for Tickford Club Members.
It all comes down to your preference, (genuine or copy) but $2K of preference is a lot to swallow.
Something to remember is - What you pay for is what you get.

Steve.

·
Registered
50 Posts
"Got a quote thru my local ford dealer for a full body kit by bathurst car cosmetics"

Hey dkmaj,
I work at Bathurst Car Cosmetics and I fit the body kits, ill check the prices and see if Leaheys gave you a good price or not. It was for a series 1 Au xr i assume. I will get prices on s1 and s2 body kits anyway and post tommorow.

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
thanks mtpanorama sir..yes its mr tony leahey i was reffering to, my good friend works in new sales there, got me a great deal on a new xr6 early in the year, its an AU2, i have (tony leaheys copy) of your dealer pricing/brochure noticed it referred to AU but I 'presumed' it was a similar kit (in style), the one Jon got a quote for me on was for an AU2 (at least I hope so, well he did sell me the beasty!!)....on a different note those 'sunroofs' look pretty darn good!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
dkmaj,
The price is a good one, it is dealer cost and it is for a series 2. The body kits are an exact copy of the factory kit. They take a mould off the factory kit. Let me know if you decide to get it done and i will take extra care when i fit it.

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
thanks for the heads up...will let you know what i decide!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I forgot to put the prices in for the body kits. Im only allowed to put in retail, but you might be able to work out trade from the price that dkmaj got.

Series 1 au xr kit including bi plane wing $2422, without bi plane $2120

Series 2 au xr $1981.

These prices include gst, painting, fitting and freight.

i can also get series 2 rear spoilers to replace series 1, they fit in the same holes.
They cost $620 painted and fitted, but i can usully go cheaper on them as the fitting time is cut down and they are usually running specials on the more common wings.

Shane
Bathurst car cosmetics
02 6331 8242

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Mtpanorma...whats the time needed to bolt onto the car and do you guys work Saturday??...getting close now!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
It takes about half a day to put the kit on , but we like to have the car for the day to make sure everything is set and in the right place. Sorry we do not open on saturdays YEH

G

·
Discussion Starter #16
sick today shane...LOL!!!...was gonna call and have a chat to you, just ordered the 'stealth' kit for the XR6 (AU2), whats your opinion on this baby next to the XR replica or others you guys do???

(they said order mondays, deliver wednesday, then have to paint etc. so sometime the week after im guessing!!)

G

·
Discussion Starter #17
mt panorama.

Shane

just recieved a series II rear spoiler from your company. Look and finish is great, so is the colour match. One problem though, on the series I the holes for mtg the spoiler include a larger hole for the wiring, the feet on your series II does not cover this hole only covers about a 1/4 of the dia. I have had to fit a rubber gromet until I can get it filled and painted.

Darren

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
...my Tickford XR AU2 bodykit, gets bolted on at bathust Car Cosmetics on Wednesday morning, will post a note of how it all goes, expecting no probs and expecting the car to look like (another) million dollars!!

·
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB
324 Posts
BodyKit went on, no dramas at all, car as suspected looks fabulous...so a big thankyou to Shane and the team at Bathurst Car Cosmetics. Highly recommended...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts