Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Just after some opinions on Either droping my ride height down to super lows and upgrading shocks. Or fitting a Pursuit 250 kit with out the rear wing. Here is a pic of the car.

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Superlows, dun worry about plastic fantastic rear wings etc they don't do anything to improve the performance of the car, at least superlows will give you a lower centre of gravity and they look choice to boot, not too mention the numerous benefits of new shocks and the overal impact to your cars handling they will yield.

What springs/shocks where you looking at?

Nice car btw, luv the black AU's

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
I'd have to say the bodykit of the T series, the suspension in them allready is good and the bodykit will make it look lower but still have a bit off clerance.

·
BA Fairmont ZL Fairlane
3,293 Posts
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ and doesnt attract the cops attention for being too low.

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
i vote for kit aswell

no matter how low you go, without a kit the AU utes always look like boats without the side skirts etc

p.s. nice ute by the way :angel:

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
Go the kit. If you've lower it around 30-40mm, lowering it more will just give more problems than it's worth (scraping driveways etc).

·
Registered
674 Posts
sylox
Parts plus at narellan NSW have half a pursuit 250kw ute body kit.(well they did have late last week)
they have the rear bar,the passenger side skirt with the 250 sticker,no front bar skirt. no drivers side.
I know its no the hole lot but its may bring the cost down abit.
I would buy it,but Ive decided to go for the tickford option kit(pursuit) for mine. and Im getting my springs reset 1.5" lower.
Super lows might be too much for a work ute.
BTW yours looks magic.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Ermmm....hold back on the kit unless you're willing to repair the kit once every 3-4 months. I had my AU XR6 (sedan) lowered by 40mm, whacked the kit on and now it's scrapping its arse and nose end off most driveways...had that problem for a year but have now mastered a way to avoid it...still it's a real pain.

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
I say kit,

it'll look off its nuts with a killer kit on.

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Thanks for the imput guys

FalKeen said:
i vote for kit aswell
no matter how low you go, without a kit the AU utes always look like boats without the side skirts etc
p.s. nice ute by the way
Not bad for a boat hey lmao.
Yeah I recon it needs a kit but the only draw back with it is the fact I will probally need 19"'s to make it look the part and i dont fancy paying $500 odd a corner for tyres.

HOTDBZ said:
Ermmm....hold back on the kit unless you're willing to repair the kit once every 3-4 months. I had my AU XR6 (sedan) lowered by 40mm, whacked the kit on and now it's scrapping its arse and nose end off most driveways...had that problem for a year but have now mastered a way to avoid it...still it's a real pain.
And i hear your point I have also been there and done that before. My driveway is easy as to get into but it will make the car very difficult to take places.
I have a bit of an issue on this one :fraz:
How about The full kit and airbags :wnc: . Lmao I wish i could afford that option sadly I cant

·
Black 200kw wheel barrow
3,554 Posts
why not get the standard tickford kit?

looks nice and wont scrape as much as the pursuit one would

(oh and mate i picked up my ute thisarvo, im in love)

·
XR82GO
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know the feeling lmao.
I dont particularly like the factory option kit all that much. if I do any kit it will be the Pursuit 250 one. And more than likely with out the rear wing.
Wont be for a little while yet. Still have the Chip,Extractors,Sub,Shift kit,Diff ratio change to come first. then the kit. Just thinking ahead.

·
Previously XR8_Ute
224 Posts
Where's the best place to get either kit around Sydney? I have the same ute and was thinking about either one...

·
Previously XR8_Ute
224 Posts
They're hard to see in that photo, but are your mud guards Ford items? I find without them the paint behind the wheel arches is roughing up quick... Do i just walk into a Ford dealer for that sort of stuff?

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
After market kits are more trouble then they are worth, unless you get the geniune plastic ones. Anyone know how much for the genuine stuff, woudl cost a packet id think.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts