Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gday
I've just brought a 600 holley v\sec e\choke for my 302w and am about to get a edelbrock performer.
I was wondering what I will require to completely install them both
So far all I know so far are manifold\carby gaskets, air filter stud
(so i cant bolt on an air filter).
I read about carby studs im going from standard so do i need all new studs for manifold or can i use my old ones??
cheers guys
cam

·
###AND EDGT DRIVER###
713 Posts
xdub69 said:
Gday
I've just brought a 600 holley v\sec e\choke for my 302w and am about to get a edelbrock performer.
I was wondering what I will require to completely install them both
So far all I know so far are manifold\carby gaskets, air filter stud
(so i cant bolt on an air filter).
I read about carby studs im going from standard so do i need all new studs for manifold or can i use my old ones??
cheers guys
cam

sounds like you got it if there the same lenth theads and thay come out should be able to use in the new manifold.

the center one that bolts hold on the air cleaner most likely is a different lenth but a bit of 1/4 thread from the hardwear should only cost 2 or 3 dollors.

as far as wiring you may know wire the electric choke to the coil + and if its auto your car some holleys have a lever that kicks down the gears if your holley.

air cleaners you could use the original ,chrome or shaker scoop all up to your taste.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Gday,
Thanks for the reply mate

Umm the wiring bit has confused me a bit....
I'm guessing the wiring goes to the open connecter on the choke thermostat part (the round black thingy).
but where does it go to on the coil??

Does anyone know if its really important to get a torque wrench and torque down the new manifold or is it possible to just use a socket wrench with out too much risk (the manifold isnt under much force is it?)

thanks for ya help guys!
cheers cam

·
###AND EDGT DRIVER###
713 Posts
just conect to the positive of the coil the choke wire + one.

i look up the torque settings and get back you only rebuild clevlands lately.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts