Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Ride like the Wind
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bonnet on my ED XR is in pretty poor condition compared to the rest of the car. I was wondering which bonnets would fit it?
I know EA and EB bonnets had the Ford Oval on the bonnet so they are out of the question, and I always thought that the grill on standard ED bonnets was attached to the bonnet. Which leaves which bonnet to go on it? Surely it cannot be a special bonnet just for the XR's ??

Thanks,
Brett

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
get a ED fairmont or something similar's bonnet they r the same as the ED xr's... the ford badge is in the grille, all your would need to to is remove the grille out of the new bonnet and chuck her on!

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
yeah the eb or ed one should fit with no prob

oh and what is actually wrong with the bonnet if it's just paint or something then just respray it

·
Ride like the Wind
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the paint is ordinary, some cracking going on underneath the clearcoat, also some stone chips and it has a few dents from people pushing on the bonnet, so they are not really dents but instead little weak spots.
How much roughly for a respray? Although being a white car I may be willing to have a crack at it myself...

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
will cost around $250
but DIY will only cost you the paint and bog or what ever which will be around $100
i recomend you try it your self cause usualy diy jobs turn out beter than the panel beater ones cause you are actually doing it to your car the panel beaters just dont give a damn and their jobs if done in acrylic fade after a few months because they don't include clear coat in the $250 price tag

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Only where the grill bolts up. If he was using the ED XR grill then it won't be a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts