Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Later in the year i am planning on getting a 347 stroker built. After that is done i want to supercharge it. I have alloy performer rpm heads(60cc chamber i think) with 1.9 intake & 1.6 exhaust. I am getting a ford motorsport sportsman block & looking into probe pistons. Anyway what i want to know is if it is built to 9.0-1 compression how much boost would i be able to run? 10psi or would that be to much? Also would it need a hi volume oil pump either blown or n/a.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Get as big as chamber you can..Talk to the guy at www.VPW.com.au they know compression, pistons, rod lenghts etc, you'll eed custom pistons..Personally I'd use the 3.25 crank and use boost for power...Compression to make safe power needs to under 9.1 imo although alloy heads would be o/k at that...With 347 its hard to get compression low due to rings near top of piston. Not real ideal with blown engines as its close to heat etc..A shorter rod will help there but that leads into bad thrust problems on bore/ pistons, though does help with detonation as piston is not at tdc for as long....Either O ring or use Cemetic head gasgets & studs...Fel Pro are o/k but use the ones with O ring in them...

·
OFR #7
322 Posts
I agree with ebxr8240, I'd go 331 if you've gotta have a stroker and use the boost for power. I don't think you'll have a problem with 10psi if you keep the CR to around 9:1. Problem is that if you go too much lower the thing may be a bit of a dog to drive down low.

I reckon that a high volume oil pump would be a cheap investment if you're even thinking about getting a S/C that requires an external oil supply, but then maybe I'm just biased!!

Mick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts