Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
The cost of the motor would be huge, not sure if you can buy direct from ford, so it would be purchasing a wrecked one...

Interesting there are no engine bay pics... nor does he mention the drive by wire setup.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I thought EBXR. Plus I reckon it would be an extremely tight fit with the quad cam in it!

Would you pay 40k for it?

·
3,666 Posts
blueoval said:
Thats what I thought EBXR. Plus I reckon it would be an extremely tight fit with the quad cam in it!

Would you pay 40k for it?

Not 40k... Almost buy a BA XR8 for that...

And to ruin a sprint... why?? For the cost, he could have had a v8 supercar motor, and money left over!

·
Not a Twink
1,086 Posts
As some guy wrote...

Why on earth would you bother with the expense of a BOSS 260 engine tranplant into a car that housed a V8 to begin with? For the dollars I am guessing you spent, you should have turbo'd or S/C'd the original V8 and got some decent rwhp figures.
And $40k for it - please say you are kidding? What kind of spanner would pay that much for it? For $40k, I could have my pick of BA XR6T's or XR8 with 5 - 10,000km on the clock.
You must have 2 d***s as you cant be that stupid pulling just one....
Very very true !

·
tough XF
487 Posts
haha that guy is on the ford channel on MIRC ill have to see how much crap he can spin

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeas there really is insufficient detail to confirm this transplant. I couldnt bring myself to spend 40k on a ED. Even though it is a sprint, its sacrelidge to mame a perfectly good and rare model to be somewhat different to everyone else.

·
3,666 Posts
blueoval said:
yeas there really is insufficient detail to confirm this transplant. I couldnt bring myself to spend 40k on a ED. Even though it is a sprint, its sacrelidge to mame a perfectly good and rare model to be somewhat different to everyone else.
Reminds me of what happens when someone trashed Mother Nature's sprint...

Before:
http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto.php/photo/2006/password//sort/1/cat/all/page/1

After:
http://www.fordgallery.com/showphoto.php/photo/2007/password//sort/1/cat/all/page/1

·
Registered
128 Posts
honer said:
As some guy wrote...

Quote:

Why on earth would you bother with the expense of a BOSS 260 engine tranplant into a car that housed a V8 to begin with? For the dollars I am guessing you spent, you should have turbo'd or S/C'd the original V8 and got some decent rwhp figures.
And $40k for it - please say you are kidding? What kind of spanner would pay that much for it? For $40k, I could have my pick of BA XR6T's or XR8 with 5 - 10,000km on the clock.
You must have 2 d***s as you cant be that stupid pulling just one....

Very very true !
Im glad you like my handy work!
Im still bemused by this clown wrecking an icon ( if in fact he was able to! )

·
Registered
738 Posts
I seriously doubt he could make a boss motor fit in that engine bay. It wouldn't fit in the AU, and I think the dimensions of that car would be similar to an EA-EL

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
That guy goes on #Ford in Irc Austnet. He is only 17 or 18 and doesn't drive. Need I say more?

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is anyone intending to set the matter straight with him?

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
:bash:

·
LOOKING FORWARD TO NYE!!!
2,512 Posts
sounds like crap to me, and if it is true and he has ruined a perfectly good sprint, then he is even more of a wanker than I already think he is

oh and DK i love your new avatar!! :hy:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Its complete bullshit the photo of the motor is out of Mick Webbs SVO ute. What a complete and utter fool.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts