Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
What a spooky world!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

We know the BA XR-8 is 260kw. Does anyone know what it is at the rear wheels?
Also if one was going to do some simple mods to get the best bang for buck what would be suggested? I assume exhaust and intake, I looked at the Herrods site but they dont really go into much detail. Can anyone recommend anything/anyone else?

·
Banned
106 Posts
Its about 200kws at the wheels Some a little bit more some a little bit less
Most people i know say the cold air intake is the most value for money

·
Registered
86 Posts
My BAXR8 ute was putting out 195kw stock on the dyno. I think this is a pretty standard sort of a figure not forgetting all the variables involved in dyno testing.

·
Banned
106 Posts
I think so .Reading the post a couple of weeks ago about manualvs auto.I think it was herold that said 25% for manual and 30% for auto

·
APS Phase 3 Ute
262 Posts
image001 said:
Also if one was going to do some simple mods to get the best bang for buck what would be suggested?
Yeah, trade that heavyweight in for a XR6Turbo! :hy: :rofl2:

·
Registered
336 Posts
image001 said:
Also if one was going to do some simple mods to get the best bang for buck what would be suggested
IMHO the cold air induction.... for what it cost and what it does to the car and how good the workmanship is... fantastic!!!

Also washing it... always goes better when clean and sparkly....

Jase

·
freelance
1,086 Posts
100% said:
Yeah, trade that heavyweight in for a XR6Turbo! :hy: :rofl2:
Hey mate it you wanna go out with fat chicks thats no bother, but please be nice!

Boys that can't afford the 8s are always gonna find excuses :>

·
O.F.R - BIG DADDY C.E.O
571 Posts
Carefull Mark I know where you park your limo during the day, might have to let a tyre or two down ( that will slow ya down ) he he

Cheers Ray

·
What a spooky world!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What would you guys suggest as way of a cold air intake (who and $)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Currently I know of 3 options for Cold Air Intakes (CAI) in the market for BA XR8s:

1) SS Induction. It's about $470 to order the kit (excludes air filter). Requires you to do the fitting yourself.

2) Herrod induction kit. It's about $700 and consists of an enhanced wide mouth SS induction kit + BMC air filter. Big plus with this option is that it gets fitted for you!

3) Battens induction kit. It's about $400 and consists of their own intake system and comes with BMC Filter for that price. For that price they also supply a predrilled housing so you get to keep your original box intact. THis is the one I have ordered and will hopefully arrive next week. You need to fit this yourself.

THe SS induction and Herrod enchanced SS induction kit look better cosmetically than the Batten's kit. Aside from this I think they do pretty much the same thing and produce similar gains. I have heard nothing but strong praises from customers of option 2 and 3.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
image001 said:
What would you guys suggest as way of a cold air intake (who and $)
i have SS induction havn't cut it into a big mouth its very good you well feel the difference...if you dont want to splash the cash all at once you can do the induction and buy the BMC filter later or the other way round.
SS is $500 fitted if you dont want to install, 5% discount for FF members at Herrod's.
thx.

·
Abuser of Charvels
909 Posts
I am also going with Batten's kit next week with BMC filter (they can supply K&N too if you want it). Herrod's may be fitted for you but that's not much good when you're about 9hrs drive away! lol....

Before you get an induction kit, just try a BMC filter, the difference should be noticeable just with that. I'll try the filter first when my kit arrives. The Battens kit is very easy to install yourself.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I'll try a few things:

First stock box with just the BMC filter
Second the intake with the stock filter
Third the intake with the BMC filter.

Just for interest sake. Of course, all feedback will be done via the BUMmometre.

·
GO THE BOSS
21 Posts
I put a b.m.c filter in the standard air box and i felt the difference in power and better fuel economy to. :driver:

And it was only $180.00 :rofl2:

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
BlackXR said:
I put a b.m.c filter in the standard air box and i felt the difference in power and better fuel economy to. :driver:

And it was only $180.00 :rofl2:
Yes I did this before i fitted the SS induction it worked well it lets the air go through the intake very easily not like the Ford Filter..

·
What a spooky world!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for your thoughts guys, OK B.M.C filter sounds like a good start, what the best place to get one (in Melbourne)

1 - 20 of 92 Posts