·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well sort of
5.8L DOHC V10
360kw
610Nm

Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford mag got it to run 12.28 on stock tyres, and 11.51 on drag tyres, and mentions that dont be surprised if this engine sees production in a special edition Mustang. Lets hope the engine can come down under.....

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
All i have to say is you never know... Sorta dreaming here but everything starts from a dream.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
i would certianly buy one if it came here :)
however i would like to hear from the v10 rumourists on this topic :)

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
hmmm, so now their are 3 different displacements of the V10 available? 5.8, 6.8 and 7.3? No i am not thinking of the diesel, if you have a V10 with current 105.8mm stroke and 94mm bore from the 5.0 Modular V8 u get 7.3L

Is the 5.8 with the same bore and stroke as the 4.6V8?

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
paull said:
A mate of a mate has got one of those but I am sure he said it was a V12!!
rrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!!

·
Village Idiot
2,526 Posts
me want, me want!!

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
it would definately add some spice to a GTHO, though it would detract from the aussie V8 muscle car, or V8 muscle car image in general, and therefore any hope of it racing commodes at bathurst, what about pitching the V10 GTHO Falcon against the Holden 7litre Monaro... probably just my crazy christmas imagination getting away from me

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
Would actually be a good competitor to the upcomming V10 M5 and upcomming NA 5.8+ litre Merc E55 with more change in the pocket.

Maybe they don't need to use the GT-HO name. Maybe B58 as a model.

·
R.I.P Dimebag
1,333 Posts
RevHeadRon said:
it would definately add some spice to a GTHO, though it would detract from the aussie V8 muscle car, or V8 muscle car image in general, and therefore any hope of it racing commodes at bathurst, what about pitching the V10 GTHO Falcon against the Holden 7litre Monaro... probably just my crazy christmas imagination getting away from me
Yeah fun to watch but I wouldn't think they'd have that on their minds right now. Anyhow I think they would do a Mustang job; beautiful car, brillant engine, quality poor. I would love to see this thing rip up the Monaros on Bathurst though...

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
chevypower said:
hmmm, so now their are 3 different displacements of the V10 available? 5.8, 6.8 and 7.3? No i am not thinking of the diesel, if you have a V10 with current 105.8mm stroke and 94mm bore from the 5.0 Modular V8 u get 7.3L

Is the 5.8 with the same bore and stroke as the 4.6V8?
Yeah its just a 4.6L with an extra 2 cylinders.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
Is it an all alloy engine?
It would have yo be to if it was put in a falcon or it would make it even heavier in the nose and that wouldn't be a good thing.
Imagine one in a falcon when CAPA get hold of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

1 - 20 of 23 Posts