Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would it be possible to fit a Mustang BOSS 429 engine into a XB Coupe and if it is possible how much would the engine and the instalation cost roughly

·
Registered
917 Posts
Casso said:
Would it be possible to fit a Mustang BOSS 429 engine into a XB Coupe and if it is possible how much would the engine and the instalation cost roughly
It can be done , its not terribly easy ( but its mostly finding parts) and if you are asking these questions consider doing some asking around at your local car/rod club
the BB runs fine on lpg so give it some thought .

·
XW GT
318 Posts
Yeah It'll Fit Mate,
Still Got Some Spare Room To. Engine Bays Are Huge In Those.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Casso said:
i have had a 429 XB GT for around 20 yrs , it fits perfectly and there use to be kits you could buy complete with header pipes to suit.

Although make sure you get plenty of cooling to the steering box or it will fry in the hot weather.

I will be selling my conversion complete with 429CJ/C6 modified tranny if you intrested. :hy:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Cost depends on how much you want spend on your blood rush.

20yrs ago i bolted a 429CJ with C6 in over the weekend for $ 3,500:00 total

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
9 Participants
EFGTHO
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing