Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone notice that their idle speed seemed to have reduced after the Herrod (full) exhaust was fitted?? I'm not sure that this actually happened, or just seems to have happened.

Also, the sensitivity around idle seems to have increased. For instance, if I blip the throttle, engine revs obviously rise, then sink below the normal idle revs of about 650ish rpm to about 450 rpm, then return to normal. Also, if i manually try (with accelerator pedal) to get it to idle at above the normal idle speed, but not above say 1100 rpm, the engine gets all cranky and revs start to swing up and down - sometimes (twice now) stalling!!

If the car is left alone to sort out idle speeds - all seems to be OK.

Interested in your experiences.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I found that the idle does vary sometimes but have put this down to a re mapping to be done in the future at Herrods when i will get it dynod.
Cheers John

·
Registered
228 Posts
Same thing here. Have been toldt this is because its electronic throttle. If you watch the tacho when you just move the steering wheel the rpm hunts slightly. Air con on will make the rpm hunt. My car is set at 630rpm. Idle increase to about 720 rpm while trying to settle after a run.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mines the same!..... And with aircon on, & on a hot day the idle falls & sometimes stalls!
Only been happening since the onset of really warm weather though.

·
3dr zeTEC
222 Posts
This is happening to many of my GT friends that have had the exaust changed. it does make the engine feel lumpier at idle, and as the engines loosen up after a few thousand Km's, they finally settle down to a nice rythm. Keep an eye on it though and let me know if you want our techs to have a closer look.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I had that issue but after 10,000 it went away.

cam

·
Registered
15 Posts
it definitely has to do with drive by wire, its the most sophisticated accelatore line up.
a work of genius,finely tunned instrument,modified for the boss range.
drive to thrill.
cheers.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ditto, same problem.. Thanks guys for the info, i'll keep an eye on mine and see how it goes... the only other thing i've noticed since having the full system fitted is now sometimes the car will not start on the first press of the starter button, simply winds over... stopping then trying again after about 5 secs gets it firing straight away... anyone else had that problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
A hunting idle with the aircon on seems to be worldwide Ford feature

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
GTP 200 said:
I had that issue but after 10,000 it went away.

cam
hi Cam, your on the mark had my Herrods headers put two weeks ago had 9200klms on the vechicle, now i have just over 10,000 klms and idle has settled down.

thx...

·
Registered
26 Posts
have your ford dealer check the operation of the canister purge solenoid, some are causing this very concern. Exhaust mods seem to highlight this problem for some reason. My s/c BA with 350+kwatrw had same issue.

·
6,021 Posts
with Xede chip i got 2 weeks back, my ute has never had a better idle.
since exhaust mod.

·
6,021 Posts
mygt said:
the herrod helix spacer does help this problem out
talk to rob
cheers.
hi Gino it does every thing will it wash my ute?
does the spacer come in 2 different sizes or is it one size fits all as in 75mm & 80mm TB ?

·
Registered
760 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
hi Gino it does every thing will it wash my ute?
does the spacer come in 2 different sizes or is it one size fits all as in 75mm & 80mm TB ?

the way that rob has designed this thing its mated well with the boss engines.
yes it fits all
cheers.

·
6,021 Posts
mygt said:
the way that rob has designed this thing its mated well with the boss engines.
yes it fits all
cheers.
How can that work some people have a 5mm bigger diameter in there TB? So that means doesn’t matter what size your TB is, its going to do the same job because it will only let in the same amount of air, if 1 size fits all..

·
Registered
760 Posts
XRFPV8 said:
How can that work some people have a 5mm bigger diameter in there TB? So that means doesn’t matter what size your TB is, its going to do the same job because it will only let in the same amount of air, if 1 size fits all..
your best bet is to call rob
cheers.

·
6,021 Posts
mygt said:
your best bet is to call rob
cheers.
booked in on Wednesday next week...

·
6,021 Posts
Gino i already have some Herrod mods, Rob is going over a few things for me, as usaul A1 service, i wont be buying a Helix that goes on a 75MM TB. when i have a 80mm TB..

1 - 20 of 21 Posts