Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Mr Photoshop
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much the Boss's Block weighs?
And what the entire engine weighs?

Thanks

·
Aussie Ford Fan
186 Posts
CSV_LS1 said:
:shh:

Thanks Boss 330 :afro:
How much does the alloy block weigh?

·
Registered
695 Posts
184 pounds = 83kgs....

So how did the BOSS 260 ute manage to get so fat (1800kgs) compared to the AU II XR8 utes (1670kgs)?

Imagine 260kw in a 1670kg ute........mmmmmmmmmm....

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
The stroke is longer so the block is taller, and the dohc heads have a lot more metal in them. Besides the engine the body strength was upgraded and also they now have a lap-sash belt in the centre seat, and I wouldn't even be surprised to see the dash weighs more.

·
Aussie Ford Fan
186 Posts
So the only advantage an all alloy BOSS would have over the current BOSS would be 43Kg....Does an alloy block have any other advantages other than weight?

·
Aussie Ford Fan
186 Posts
Sorry...That would 40Kg...83 - 43 = 40 Doh!

·
Banned
363 Posts
aston said:
So the only advantage an all alloy BOSS would have over the current BOSS would be 43Kg....Does an alloy block have any other advantages other than weight?
I'll take a 40kg weight loss any day, 40kg less in the front of these cars will make a huge difference, especially in handling

·
Registered
96 Posts
BOSS 330.

I take it that our 5.4lt motors here in Auzzie are the same as the States 5.4lt motors? In that I mean the bottom end side of things! If this is the case, what conrods would you recommend to beef up the bottom end, as I believe this will be the first thing to go when these motors begin to produce serious hp? And what cost would we be looking at for a set?

Cheers.

AGRO!!!!!

·
Banned
363 Posts
Boss 330 said:
A aluminum 4.6 block is 89 pounds. Iron 4.6 is 154. There is no production 5.4 aluminum block available at this time. Iron 5.4 ...184#
Boss 330, What is this on http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/. Is this not right. Aluminium 5.4 Block 95 pounds

1 - 15 of 15 Posts