Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was announced yesterday that Kenny Brack will leave Team Rahal and race with Chip Ganassi Racing in 2002.
Max Papis is certain to get fired which will mean that Team Rahal will be looking for 2 new drivers for next year.

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
That has really surprised me I thought Kenny would have definately stayed with Team Rahal, I agree that Papis will be fired I think his relationship with Bobby Rahal has turned sour.
I think in the end Kenny has gone for the money, because personally Chip Ganassi comes over as an arrogant prick and would take a bit of money to want to drive for him.

For the rest of the season I'll support Players/Forsythe, Kenny has lost a fan.:(

·
Australian Falcon EA Member
6 Posts
I heard a rumor that Johnny Herbert (Ex F1 driver, drove for several teams including Stewart ford where he won a race) is going to be targeted by Bobby rahal. I also heard that Gidley could be signed to Team Rahal as well.

With Kenny...yes it is a shame that he's gone to Ganassi, but you've got to remember that in CART, drivers move around a lot more than in V8 supercars and other competitions. Last year, Adrian Fernandez was runner up in the championship with the Ford engine, and this year he has swapped to Honda. It happens a lot in CART,but its a shame such a good driver has left Ford.

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
It isn't as if they're short of drivers. And furthermore short of drivers who'd kill for a seat on the Rahal team. I mean with his connections throughout Ford and F1 he'd be a good man to be with in terms of career opportunities.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts