Ford Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
fte22 said:
Hahaha, how many of you people actually live in Victoria?

If you got your heads out of your arses and stopped thinking about your cars for a second, you'll realise that if anything is worth arguing about, it's your Liberal Party dictator John Howard and his goal of introducing an American style Health system where only the rich can afford to get sick. But then I guess, you have enough money to drive $70K dollar cars so that doesn't bother you does it? I can too but at least I have a conscience, but then you conservatives are happy as long as your government spends hundreds of millions (diverted from funding for the disabled) fighting wars to get you cheap petrol yet you don't blink an eye about the suffering here.
<br>
Lesson to those who are not already aware......<br>
In the eyes of a Labor supporter a Labor Polly is NEVER wrong and everything is always someone else's fault.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Pete, I got done for under 10kph not long ago, it was $125 and 1 point.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
fte22 said:
Hahaha, how many of you people actually live in Victoria?

If you got your heads out of your arses and stopped thinking about your cars for a second, you'll realise that if anything is worth arguing about, it's your Liberal Party dictator John Howard and his goal of introducing an American style Health system where only the rich can afford to get sick. But then I guess, you have enough money to drive $70K dollar cars so that doesn't bother you does it? I can too but at least I have a conscience, but then you conservatives are happy as long as your government spends hundreds of millions (diverted from funding for the disabled) fighting wars to get you cheap petrol yet you don't blink an eye about the suffering here.
Whoa. Sorry - can't agree there. Those of us who are earning big dollars and being able to afford $70k cars are the ones getting screwed. I pay my Medicare levy, I had to pay an extra Medicare levy for East Timor, I pay an extra Medicare levy over a certain income, AND I have to pay for private hospital health insurance or pay yet another Medicare levy. Then, I go to the doctor and they hit me with rather large gap payments every time.

So, I pay a lot more than most for Medicare, yet have to take out private cover as well. Then I have to fork out for the doctor. I pay at least three friggin times. I estimate my medical contributions without gap payments is way over $3500pa. Then consider the 50% income tax I pay.

Those of us who are 'wealthy' are those that are supporting everyone else. Without us everyone would be scrounging for medicine like the Iraqis.

In fact, having a think about it, I agree John is doing a bad thing. I actually want a ceiling on what I have to pay for medicare. Why should I pay more than everyone else for the same treatment? User pays I say!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Venom XR said:
Pete, I got done for under 10kph not long ago, it was $125 and 1 point.
It's changing in NSW AND Vic.

·
Still Here! Barely...
652 Posts
fte22, i drive a 86 corolla which cost around $4k... now thats a LARGE gap between $4k and $70k! If you want to go on a cruisade about the fact the we are whingers and go on about our country political problems, why dont ya get ya head out of YOUR arse then and wake up to whats happening globally?!? there are MUCH worser things happening in this world then what the goverment is doing to us!
But, this is a FORD enthusists site, and we happen to talk alot about cars!! Now with cars comes the fact of driving... and when your local goverment is imposing rediculus laws like speeding 3km/h over is a horrible crime, hey we can whinge. i may be from QLD but greed does spread its ugly head around the place.. plus i do one day want to actually go drive around victoria, but who wants to be looking at their speedo every 5 secs, not watching the road like they should and having to worry about coping a fine for this idiot law?!?
We arnt here to talk about the injustices of this world, we are hear to talk about cars and those that relates.... (insanity mainly in the asylum!!) and talking about speeding fines is one of em!

·
A shit load of Dim Sims
181 Posts
Bought a good book the other day called "Cannonball! World's Greatest Outlaw Road Race" by Brock Yates.

He started the very first Cannonball run across America in 1971, and continued until 1979.

The reason he started this? to protest against the draconian speed limits (55mph) and to show that experienced drivers could travel the public roads at speeds they feel comfortable at (some excessive) without being a danger to other motorists, basically what we are all pushing for today.

And all this was 32 years ago!!

·
BA XR8 coming
39 Posts
F the Labor fools. Labor broke Vic before Jeff came along and saved it, and Brack's will 100% definately break Vic again.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Falchoon said:
Unfortunately the cruise control on BAs doesn't work under 60km/h. I don't think I will going to Victoria any time soon.
Yes it does. I live in Mexico & have used it on 50km/h streets many a time. Will be getting even more of a workout now..

·
a little bit sideways
1,258 Posts
I know the 3km business is rediculious, but, it is a known fact. The best way is for everybody to do the speed limit. If no body's getting caught by these things, there's no incentive for them to whack them up on every busy highway.
Nevermind...the problem with this is that your cars speedo ha a tolerance, under Federal Law, of 10%. Therefore, you can be doing exactly 60kmh, according to your speedo, but in actual fact you are travelling somewhere between 54 and 66kmh. Now, if you happen to be travelling at 66, then you get pinged, even though you are trying to do the right thing. This is where 'road safety' becomes revenue raising. I think that if someone were to test this in coout, they would probably win. At a very basic level, where there is a conflict between a State and a Federal law, the Federal law wins. It gets tricky because it is up to the individual states to enforce laws such as speeding but the car is built to Federal standards. Dont know how you would go, but if/when I move to Vic, I will be bringing my plastic covers / reflectors with me:wtf2:

·
Registered
581 Posts
Geez, I seriously f*cking hate Bracks. I've NEVER voted for that dickhead and yet here we are with 3 more years of this shit. He's obviously adopted an anti-motorist stance and is trying to milk us all just to balance his books. He's budgeted for an increase in revenue from us which shows he sees motorists as nothing but a cash cow.

We should all DRIVE BELOW THE SPEED LIMIT! I know it'll never happen, is totally unrealistic and would drive everyone insane but imagine if the revenue dried up?? Bracks would spew!!

COME BACK JEFF!!!!

·
A shit load of Dim Sims
181 Posts
This week's budget includes income of $483 million from police fines....
The news tonight said WA is estimated to collect $44 million from speeding and red light camera fines this year, I know there is a big population difference, but not a 10:1 difference.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts