Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Grand Marquis Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.

I am new to this board, and the proud new owner of an 1988 Grand Marquis. I noticed that the brake calipers on the car seem to sit loose (I can move them up and down with my hands with the pins tight). When I drive the car, the caliper (mostly the right side), rattles like crazy when I hit and bumps or cracks in the roads. I really don't like to drive the car like this, and I would like to fix it ASAP. I am not too familiar with Ford brakes, and the Ford parts department was no help to me at all. Is there an easy fix? Has anyone else had a problem similar to this? I would really appreciate help on solving this problem. Thanks! :)

·
Grand Marquis Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You mean those little rubber bushings? That's what I figured the problem was. The ford dealer told me that there was no bushings. I hate parts deparments. Thanks for the help!!

·
Grand Marquis Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I got the parts today from the store. I will probably install them this weekend. Hopefully this solves the problem! Thanks again! :)

·
Grand Marquis Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO MORE RATTLE!!

The bushings solved the rattle problem. The originals were very worn out. Thanks again for the help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts