Ford Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i did a self diagnotics test for the cruise control on a 99 explorer, after
replacing the brake deactivation switch (which is what i got from the test)
it still gives me the same reading does anyone know where i should look
next.....remembering my test still indicates the BDS is open or circuit is
defective.....is it possible i need to reset the system and if so how do i
?
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How about posting the code that you retrieved and some of us can form an
opinion.....


"tml629" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>i did a self diagnotics test for the cruise control on a 99 explorer, after
> replacing the brake deactivation switch (which is what i got from the
> test)
> it still gives me the same reading does anyone know where i should look
> next.....remembering my test still indicates the BDS is open or circuit is
> defective.....is it possible i need to reset the system and if so how do i
> ?
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well. flash code 3 shows the deactivation switch as one possibility among
several.... were any steps of the pin point test performed or was this just
a shot in the dark?


"tml629" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>i got 3 flashes at the end of the test before and after i replaced the
> brake deactivation switch
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this was the only result of flash code 3 that i knew of { which i found on
this site ) so i guess it was just a shot in the dark
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Check fuse #13 in the CJB (central junction box - instrument panel fuse
box)... ther possibilities include wiring and servo.

You might also check to see if yours is covered under the expanded cruise
switch recall. While this may not fix your concern, it never hurts...


"tml629" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> this was the only result of flash code 3 that i knew of { which i found on
> this site ) so i guess it was just a shot in the dark
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I thought that recall only applied the the F150's and Expeditions, not
explorers. Did Ford expand it to include explorers?

1998 Explorer EB, SOHC.

--
Allan Williams



"Jim Warman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Check fuse #13 in the CJB (central junction box - instrument panel fuse
> box)... ther possibilities include wiring and servo.
>
> You might also check to see if yours is covered under the expanded cruise
> switch recall. While this may not fix your concern, it never hurts...
>
>
> "tml629" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> this was the only result of flash code 3 that i knew of { which i found
>> on
>> this site ) so i guess it was just a shot in the dark
>>

>
>
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry to jump the gun.... the recall was expanded but it doesn't cover the
Explorer.

Sorry for any inconvenience.


"Al Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:%[email protected]
>I thought that recall only applied the the F150's and Expeditions, not
>explorers. Did Ford expand it to include explorers?
>
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm still confused as to why it doesn't cover the eariler explorers. Or am
I wrong when I think pre-2002 explorers have this same cruise brake switch
which is powered all the time?

1998 Explorer SOHC.

--
Allan Williams



"Jim Warman" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Sorry to jump the gun.... the recall was expanded but it doesn't cover the
> Explorer.
>
> Sorry for any inconvenience.
>
>
> "Al Williams" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:%[email protected]
>>I thought that recall only applied the the F150's and Expeditions, not
>>explorers. Did Ford expand it to include explorers?
>>

>
>
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top