Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 Taurus. The "service engine soon" light was flashing, and a mechanic said one of the 6 cylinders failed. There was no other problem (as he said) and the cost to fix is too high so he suggest we continue driving the car without fixing the problem (until other problems fail the car). It worked well, for 4 months. Yesterday when I started the car, and shift to "R", I noticed the brake failed (so it kept moving), and battery light was on. I had to shift to "P" to stop it. Then I restarted the car, and all problems went away (brake worked again, and battery light was off). After that it worked well the whole day. Can somebody please let me know what the problem would be? Any suggestions? Thank you in advance.

·
Always the student
1,739 Posts
Since you stated that you restarted the car, I'm assuming it knocked off. If so, then the battery light would be on and the power brakes would not work correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I knocked the care off after the brake failure. So do you know why after restart it worked again?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
tobyvivi
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing