Ford Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie falcon,
As far as i know they both should work. The spoiler brake light runs off the brake lights anyway.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
If you have a XR AU spoiler should the center brake light in the windscreen work or only the one in the spoiler?

I think they are supposed to be disconnected if you have the spoiler.........not sure why though:s1

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I was reding somewhere that if you have a spoiler then the light on the rear parcel shelf must not be connected. Apparantly it's against the law or something??
Hence only the spoiler has the bulb in it. My S pack had the wiring but no bulb in it opn the parcel shelf. Weird huh?? :wtf:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
My XR8 only has the spoiler one working.

This is a good point, since Holden/HSV have a different parcel shelf and rear window for the cars with rear spoilers standard. It deletes the window fitted light, and reroutes the demister elements to suit.

The answer is simply that the light in the XRs etc should not be connected. I covered mine with a 'Ford Racing' sticker :s3 :thup:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Ford Man said:
I was reding somewhere that if you have a spoiler then the light on the rear parcel shelf must not be connected. Apparantly it's against the law or something??
Yes it is according to the ADRs I think. I was told to remove the bulb and wireing when I fitted rear spoilers to cars with the high level on the bottom of the rear window. We never bothered on the cars with the higher mounted brake lights. I have about a dozen CHMSL bulb/harness sitting in my goodies box.

·
Read Only
1,395 Posts
NZ XR8 said:
Only the spoiler one works on my 1999 AU XR8.
Same here on my Ghia, only the spoiler one works, not the rear window one.
So I dunno what the deal is.
I thought all Fords were like that from factory..and that it was nearly a sure bet that if both were working that the spoiler was put on at a later stage?
Russell.

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
yep, it says in the FORD destructions when fitting spoiler to remove the globe. Also weve knocked a few back for roadworthies (NSW and VIC) cos the one in the window works!

·
"Bloody Beautiful"
415 Posts
I have an AU I (Aug 99) and the rear parcel shelf light has no globe and actually has a blanking piece in the light as well, there is actually no red lens installed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts