Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya All

Just interested to see what everyone else uses in relation to brakes pads

I have been running the Greens on mine now for over 5 months!

No brake dust, no fade, great grip and performance!

I recently went to another brand for trial, brake dust within 100ks, fade, jolting, and no ABS.... plus when we pulled them off today they had craked only after 1000ks!!! Hmmmmm

So what do you use???:eek:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Bendix Ultimates - reasonable price and so far have proven quite bitey and reliable. Only downside is the dust, but it's a good incentive for a weekly wash anyway :D

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
I've got 5000kms on my green stuff pads and they are going great. I recently had a service and asked them to check the pads, they said they look hardly worn, believe me I've tried to wear them!!!!, so I still recommend them.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
I also use Ultimates. I don't mind washing the wheels one a week, knowing the var will always stop. I understood that if ya pads aren't wearing ya discs are. :(

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
I have ultimates all round on my baby...

still saving for that herrod premium brake package..... :(

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
EF_GuY uses wait for it guys, Bendix Standard all i can comment is there heaps better than the motor craft stuff. But yeah the Bendix Ultimates sound the go or the EBC Red stuff, apparently they claim to ahve to rotor wear as well as the other benefits.

Might go the EBC Red stuff for next pads.

·
BA XR6T
111 Posts
If you really want the ultimate in pads go for Pagid blacks or blues.
The blues are a rally type pad with great performance either hot or cold.
Blacks are more a high performance road use pad.

Expensive though...:(

·
Champion Goose
398 Posts
Use bendix ultimates on the Prelude and bendix standards on the EL. No real probs with either 'cept have to wash the wheels a lot. (this is no prob on the EL....)

·
Australian TE50 AU1 Member
194 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
EF_GuY uses wait for it guys, Bendix Standard all i can comment is there heaps better than the motor craft stuff. But yeah the Bendix Ultimates sound the go or the EBC Red stuff, apparently they claim to ahve to rotor wear as well as the other benefits.

Might go the EBC Red stuff for next pads.
I don't think they make Red Stuff for Falcons yet. When I investigated which ones to use, they only recommended the Green Stuff, the other colours are more for racing applications.

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
EF_GuY uses wait for it guys, Bendix Standard all i can comment is there heaps better than the motor craft stuff.
If i'm not mistaken, the OEM pads available from Ford are infact Bendix Blues (ie standards) :)

Kieron

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Kieron said:

If i'm not mistaken, the OEM pads available from Ford are infact Bendix Blues (ie standards) :)

Kieron
Well when i switched to the Bendix Standard over the Motorcraft stuff, i found that dust was practically none existent (heaps of brake dust when i sued the motor craft) and the brakes were defintily smoother and quieter. I think the Motorcraft ones are asbestos free, while the bendix aren't.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts