Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need Some Advice On Brake Pads All The Ones I Put On Create Too Much Dust On My Rims Anyone Suggest A Brand That Wont
Thanks

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
What brake pads have you tried? Are you running standard rotors? My Bendix Ultimates make a heap of dust and squeal like a bitch!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
XRated said:
What brake pads have you tried? Are you running standard rotors? My Bendix Ultimates make a heap of dust and squeal like a bitch!
ive just got standard rotors tryed standard ford ones, repco, kmart, motorcraft, maybe i need to buy more expensive pads

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
I was actually recommended Lucas pads when I got a new set. Now I wish I had of tried them. I will next time :fraz:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
ive heard good things about lucus pads i'll try them next

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
i don't know what pads i have i think i got repco and the back of my rims a black as
but nothing a little degreaser can't fix!
oh the joy's of having snowflakes!
minimal dust on em! lol

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
i have bendix standards, get a bit of brake fade coming down mt cootha, but they leave no brake dust at all. But i have a feeling that you cant have them any more (or get new ones installed) cuz they may have asbestos.

i have read that there is dustless bendix performax pads out now, they have only been released several months ago...

if i have to change my rotars soon, i will get cross drilled and slotted, with performax pads :D, i dont want squeely pads

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
try ferodo pads, I hear they are good for low dust!

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
don't get performax there crap they should be call performocrap

·
Registered
847 Posts
Bendix Advance are ok i have these the dont dust at all hardly and stop very well and are reasonably priced.

6pAc

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
HAHAHA lol @ THEONE.

Dont get advance if you intend to give your car a good run in the hills. Low on dust? yes, good with heat? no! If you cook them you will get hot spots on your rotors and warp them. Speaking from experience here!

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
I had similar problems a few years ago. Was only geting 20,000ks out of stock pads ant the XR8 pads were dusty and only got 30,000ks. So I changed to Metal kings, they were fantastic on my EB V8, they had very little dust and didnt fade - got almost 50,000ks from them too. Just be aware they need one good stop to warm up and they will eat your rotors. Apart from that they were excellent.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
^^^ I agree with the above statement^^^

Couldnt be much different from Ultimates apart from brake dust.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts