Ford Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have a 1995 EF Falcon and I've got this annoying problem where it feels like the brakes are grabbing.
I couldn't get them skimmed because they were at minimum thickness, so new discs were put on, but the problem hasn't gone away.
Unless one of the new discs is also slightly warped in the exact same way ( unlikely), I'm not sure what can cause it.
Any ideas or comments will be much appreciated

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If I am doing 100kmh and stand on the brakes quite hard, the car still brakes rapidly, but there is a horrible shudder/vibration.

When I am going 50 - 60kmh and brake gently to a stop, it is a lot milder, but feels more like the pads are grabbing one of the discs hard at the same spot everytime. Much like if you have a slightly bent disc, as the bent part of the disc goes between the pads, it pushes the pads apart (or tries to) and feels like it is grabbing harder.

Hope this makes things more clear.

· Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have found out what was making my brakes feel like they were grabbing / shuddering. Just had an LSD installed and it turns out that a previous owner has managed to kerb the car and the left rear axle is slightly bent. With the back end off the ground and the car in first, you can just notice the rim wobble.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.