Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trany fluid was changed in my car today, and it appeared that there was brass pieces in the pan

does anyone know wot is made of brass in the g/box, and is this a big concern.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for that,

well considering that i have a brand new radiator, cuz this be something that either was wrong with the old one, or something left over from manufacture from ford on my new one

·
Registered
289 Posts
Is normally a sign that your transmission has worn out something like the thrust washes inside. You will probably find that after giving it a good oil change it will probably be alright for a while, was the oil off colour at all, or did it have any other stuff in the bottom? Or was it just the brass?

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the oil in the bottom was terrible, a really sweet smell, and was nothing like being red. I had the tranny serviced 25,000k's ago.

There was nothing else in the trannyr apart from the brass stuff.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea, i no i should put a cooler on, i plan to very soon. Tibbo i will talk to you about it on wednesday. i will show you the cooler i got, and tell me if its big enough. its not as big as the one you showed me yesterday

·
Registered
289 Posts
Any cooler will help, off colour tranny fluid is normally a sign of overheating, its probably gone a yellow/brownish colour?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts