Ford Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, but I have to post this. The Atlanta Braves won they're 10th striaght division title tonight " a new record in all sports in the U.S.", beating the Florida Marlins by a score of 20 to 3. If memorey serves me right two administrators " witch will remain nameless, they know how they are" on this board told me the Braves wouldn't do anything this year. Well surprise, surprise.

On another note, Barry Bonds hit his 71st and 72nd home run tonight. Beating Mark McGwire's record for most home runs in a single season.

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
They always win the Div, but what, ONE World Series in that run!?!?!?!? If you can't tell I HAT EHTE BRAVETS!!!!!!!! :nuts:

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
And might I just add....

The M's have just won their 116th game this season!

That ties them wiht te 1906 Cubs for the best record EVER! One game left to go....tomorrow night against the Rangers.

Thank you. :D

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Marqman said:
They always win the Div, but what, ONE World Series in that run!?!?!?!? If you can't tell I HAT EHTE BRAVETS!!!!!!!! :nuts:
Since your such a big fan of the Braves. I'm sending you a tomahawk in the mail.:D :nuts:

·
Multi Car Owner
927 Posts
Sure drop it in the mail to me, you won't need it come World Series time!!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, last time you said I wouldn't need it for the playoffs. So, keep ditching them. :D BTW Tim, who's your favorite baseball team ?

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LunaticSS said:
i dont think that it is the braves. hahaha
LMAO, yeah no joke.:D

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
can't see why you guys luv this baseball game for

you throw a small ball really fast and then teh batter uses such a think bat and he rarely htis the darn thing

motor racing is best sport of all

·
Grand Muckety Muck
710 Posts
The_RAT said:

you throw a small ball really fast and then teh batter uses such a think bat and he rarely htis the darn thing

Yeah...watching it can be boring, but playing it.....

There is nothing like the smell of the fresh cut grass in the outfield mixing with the smell of the leather from your glove, the way you can sometimes smell popcorn in the stands if the wind is blowing just right, the feeling you get as you stretch out and make the diving grab in deep left center....

It's the way the ball comes off the bat as you line a hit down the left field line, the dirt and dust that swirl around you as you slide into 2nd base. Or the feeling you get when you hit the ball just right, and 400 feet later, it falls....over the center field fence. :D

I remember standing out there, playing under the lights, your whole world consists of what's going on in front of you, and for a while, everything is simple, and the only thing that matters is the next pitch.....

That is why I love the game.

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The_RAT said:

Maybe the same reason why you all like Cricket. Baseball is about strategy and going with the odds.

·
Mod/Vintage Mustang Member
239 Posts
Hey Stacy, I with ya. I love the Braves. Who cares if they have a tendency to choke in the World Series, at least there consistent right?;)

As for Bonds, was it just me, or did it seem like it wasn't as big of a deal as when McGwire broke the record?

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah s-code I was at the game yesterday when the Braves sweeped the Astros. A good game if your a Braves fan.

No, it's not just you the press made a bigger deal with McGwire. But it may have been that way because him and Sosa was neck to neck for the record. If anyone noticed, back when McGwire broke the home run record. He never hit a home run against the Braves pitching staff. :) Of course Bonds did.:(

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
cricket is ****en boring to watch too, i only like watching the end of games and bloody tests going for ****en 5 days how ****en boring is that!!!

its a good game to play though

league adn rugby are teh best sports, well after motor racing of course

what's the biggest sport over in america out of baseball, basketball, ice hocky and the nfl?

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would dare say basketball, baseball and NASCAR is up there as well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts