Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 Ford fusion and when I first get into my car at night I'm blinded by all the displays being solid white and at maximum brightness. Before putting my keys in the ignition if I turn the dimmer down then the touch screen barely dims, but the information displays next to the speedometer don't adjust. When I turn the car on though the normal displays come up and it's fine. What I want is similar to what they look like when I turn the car off, the displays are dark with white edges. I'll attach pictures. I appreciate any help or suggestions.
Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive mirror Vehicle Personal luxury car

Speedometer Automotive lighting Vehicle Steering wheel Automotive tire

Speedometer Vehicle Automotive lighting Gauge Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the lights not dim automatically when running and side/ headlights switched on ?
I keep the lights on automatic.
The displays are white from the time I open the door to when I start the car. Once started, the dark displays come up like normal and the brightness is fine. The dash displays don't adjust at all in that time they are maximum brightness, but the touchscreen does dim very slightly if I manually do it. Only thing is that once the car is on then the displays are too dim after if i do that.

It's just the initial 15-20 seconds that is annoying because it's similar to going from a light room to a dark room and not being able to see very well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts