Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, its me bros b-day soon and i was thinking about gettin him something for his car. He owns a EF Fairmont completly stock besides a basic stereo and mags, I was thinking of gettin him a Group A body kit, minus the wing and that comes to about $700 or getting him one of the crow cams.

he has wanted to get either one of those mods for some time but neva has the money to, so i was just wondering what you guys would recomend out of them, and how much the cam if i got that would cost roughly?

Thx

·
now with EF power!
891 Posts
Aren't group A's commodores???

I recon buy him a nice cat back system, or even a cat back + extractors.

You said mags....how about you lower his car for him...make the mags really stand out!

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
not sure if group A is commo but

is the pic and it says
EF-EL Group 'A' Front Spoiler $380.00
EF-EL Group 'A' Side Skirts(Pair) $200.00
next to it

i'll get a couple pics of his car after and upload them

·
grippin'n'rippin
250 Posts
looks good and sounds like a good deal. not sure about the front spoiler though. looks a bit commodorish. I reckon the venom front spoiler would look better.

·
Chasing down oil leaks...
836 Posts
Those prices would be unpainted though.. I'd expect that to be doubled if it was painted - unless you are going to do it for him. And a bodykit on a stock ride height car is not cool - I drive one around all the time (not mine) and it looks a bit ordinary to car interested people.

Plus with a cam you won't get the full benefit of it without a vernier cam gear set which is more dollars (~$500 for cam and vernier gear - parts only) and especially with the stock exhaust, etc. Unless it has a Tickford engine which is possible but I am not sure exactly which Fairmonts got them.

I'd be lowering it ~$200 for superlows + ~$300 for shocks = ~$500 maybe $50-100 more depending on bush conditions and trade contacts,

Or 2.5" catback exhaust ~$250 installed and even extractors + catback ~$250 + ~$450 = $700 for something like pacemakers or equivalent.

Just some suggestions.. Although I'd be heading down the exhaust route myself..

Dan..

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
do you want to be my brother?!?!

seriously mate:

remember that those prices are unpainted and unfitted, so at least half them again.

Also a brand spanka crow cam is only about $400 (and they are easy to fit your self, but not to dear to get someone else to do it).

Personally Id say the body kit, or possibly an exhaust, as he wont notice much difference to the cam by itself, but only if you can afford the whole kit (unless you think he can afford to get it painted and fitted) there is nothing worse then having a present you cant use.

Also, good move on avoiding that friggen horrible spoiler!

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Or 2.5" catback exhaust ~$250 installed and even extractors + catback ~$250 + ~$450 = $700 for something like pacemakers or equivalent.
Yeah I would do this too, cam later, and lower it before getting a body kit.

·
Boat Hunting ;)
1,632 Posts
I personally wouldnt lower it until after the body kit was on, because the kit will make it appear alot lower, if it is still not low enough for you, you can always drop it abit. Personally I think its a safer option then droping it, then finding out your too low and scrap on everything.

Another thing to consider is his insurance?? most places will be cool with it, but just give it a check, thats the beauty of a cam... no one has to know ;)

·
XY UTE 351C 4spd 9"
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
his insurance isn't a problem, as he already put down a complete bodykit in as a mod, that will be done.

i also asked him what he would rather trying not to give hints, and he said he would rather get some proformance first before a bodykit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts