1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nice looking lineup

:D

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Looks Great, yet another Ford team :D :D :cool:

Does anyone know what that is in the backgroungd of the second pic, the Ford Racing building? - is it the HQ??:eek:

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
PHR is in melbourne on the weterne ring road

I ve seen it there
They have a lot of trucks
about 8 ferraris, a mustang plus they make racing mustangs to order and the new falcon v8 racecar.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
I just read the article on V8x and it says that the engines for the Falcon were devoloped by Penske Racing (CART team) and assembled here by Dean Leopold, previously with the Holden Racing Team.
It also says that the car was designed by ex-Formula 1 designer Ralph Bellamy.
It should go alright at Bathurst :cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
gms00 said:
I just read the article on V8x and it says that the engines for the Falcon were devoloped by Penske Racing (CART team) and assembled here by Dean Leopold, previously with the Holden Racing Team.
It also says that the car was designed by ex-Formula 1 designer Ralph Bellamy.
It should go alright at Bathurst :cool:
That is a very impressive CV:cool:

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
I think this new team will get up to speed very quickly, I recall Howard Marsden saying they (PHR) are the best run racing car organisation in Australia. Now that's fair praise.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Which bank?

Where do they get the money to fund all the Ferraris, Mustang, V8 Falcon, transporters etc?:confused: I heard also they (PHR) are looking to buy or build they're own race track just for testing purposes! :eek: Bud isn't really a popular brand of beer here in Oz so I find it a little strange that they are the major sponser of the team.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Re: Which bank?

Falchoon said:
Where do they get the money to fund all the Ferraris, Mustang, V8 Falcon, transporters etc?:confused: I heard also they (PHR) are looking to buy or build they're own race track just for testing purposes! :eek: Bud isn't really a popular brand of beer here in Oz so I find it a little strange that they are the major sponser of the team.
Maybe it fell of the back of a truck ;) - Bud is REALLY BIG in America, maybe thats your answer?;)

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
What better way of trying to launch your bid for higher market share than with one of the best motor racing teams in Australia. PHR are obviously very well financed and very well run so why wouldn't you want to sponsor them.

·
Forever Ford Follower
558 Posts
I think that BUD would be pushing it alot as they see that through car racing they can attract a very large fan base for beer however im not sure that they could really compete about local producers.. but yeah , nothing wrong with putting a little more money into the australian motor industry..:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts