Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did anyone else hear the reason why John Bowe ended up driving the ferarri instead of the RA Mustang at Sandown..cos the bloody officals limited the revs!!! Does anyone else know any more.
What a load of crap!! As good as the mustang is..its up against the diablo, GT3's and Vipers etc etc. And it would of been good to see how it stacked up, ah well.

Good on Bowe for winning anyway, just a pity it wasn't in a Ford

·
gone
10,402 Posts
the stang was running 350kws or something like that, they dropped it down to 220-250kws

Whats the point of running a car if your carnt drive it to the full extent....

BTW, were where all the FORD boys yesterday, pretty piss poor effort ford!!!

Interesting to see that HOLDEN was there in force with merchandise, club display, etc etc etc and yet nothing from Ford except for 4 or 5 4wd utes that came from the dealers!

Why wasnt the event promoted better we had 3 win the the v8 brutes!!!!

Damm Poor Effert, Damm Poor

The xr8 and xr6 car club had a display there and yet not one Ford person came along.......

Be ashamed Very ashamed

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Mate we had the same problem at the Brutes day at Eastern Creek. We had the club there, with small tent thingy and our big banner out front, and Chris took his Mustang as well for extra effect (since Bowe's one was killing any and all in it's path!)

And still no word from the manufacturer.. no support, nothing :(

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Geez

I couldnt agree more, and you can tell that this is dear to my heart!

Geoff, whats the story???

We are here trying to support Ford and well......Nothing from the FORD!!!!

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
laminge said:
Geez

I couldnt agree more, and you can tell that this is dear to my heart!

Geoff, whats the story???

We are here trying to support Ford and well......Nothing from the FORD!!!!
Agreed!! I mean, things like the Oct trip is fantastic, don't get me wrong. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to it it's not funny! However, it would be nice if we got similiar support shown at a club level. I'm not sure exactly what that would entail, but anything would be better than nothing!

·
86 Posts
The Mustang didn't run because the Bud Racing guys objected to it being re-handicapped again - claiming that it was unfair and that some of the requirements were physically impossible.

As to the lack of a Ford presence, we are totally focussed on the V8 Supercars (rightly or wrongly). I will talk to the Ford Racing and Brand Teams to determine whether they should have a broader scope, but the issue is always one of costs and people's lives. We simply can't do everything and be everywhere. Nevertheless, we will take a look at whether we should expand our participation in this area.

BTW, what was the crowd? The reports I read didn't mention the attendance, be it good or bad.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Agreed!! I mean, things like the Oct trip is fantastic....
Gee, a bit harsh on the Ford boys I think. Just remember, the October trip was initiated by myself saying we should go down and have a look for all the FF guys. FORD took that on, along with Discovery and Tickford and turned it into a damn week long festival. I mean, Geelong is being shut down on the Sunday. Full cred to Ford!

BTW - get the beast back tomorrow (wed 19th sep - watch out Minge...)

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Thanks for the reply Geoff

The crowd was totally different to the V8 supercars as you would expect, but there where more families there than normal, plus as a club on display we had more enquires from potential Ford owners than other display events.

The V8 Brutes where great, and many people where amazed at their performance on the track.

Thanks must go to New Oak Ford who have put alot of time and money into our club which makes it all worth while at the end of the day.

I must have had at least 20 enquires as to new car purchases, 30 or so in regards to insurance, and we got rid of over 50 new club applications with many people signing up on the spot.

All this just illustrates the power of being out in the public eye. Just imagine if we had the ford merchandise stand right next to the club display.

I agree Geoff, Ford has been great at the v8 supercars, and the clubs take full advantage at this, but I strongly beleive that your dealerships must be associated with the relevant car clubs and offer 100% support, and this also gos for the boys at Ford HO

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

Gee, a bit harsh on the Ford boys I think.
Not sure I understand what you're saying here mate. What I was trying to say was that the October trip is a superb demonstration of support and organisation, and that it would be great to extend the same sort of thing into the clubs in some form or another. Believe me, I was NOT having a go at anyone regarding the trip! I was using it as an top-shelf example! :thumbup:

·
7,777 Posts
EL2XR8:
I meant Laminge - he was the harsh one! :eek:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
EL2XR8:
Aaah! :D No worries :cool:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
As to the lack of a Ford presence, we are totally focussed on the V8 Supercars (rightly or wrongly). I will talk to the Ford Racing and Brand Teams to determine whether they should have a broader scope, but the issue is always one of costs and people's lives. We simply can't do everything and be everywhere. Nevertheless, we will take a look at whether we should expand our participation in this area.
Thanks for the response Geoff. After making the comments earlier, I came to a realisation that this may well have been the case. It has definitely been apparent that Ford has thrown down the gauntlet in the Supercars, and I can do nothing but applaud this!

As you say, it does come down to a matter of cost and manpower. I think though that over this last year, the GTP series has grown significantly in popularity and exposure, and the presence of the Bowe Mustang has definitely helped in this department. Also, the performance of the XR6's and 8's should be acknowledged, as guys like Daryl Coon are dominating their classes and receiving parity handicaps all the time :( Perhaps the time to expand a little will come soon, as this class continues to grow in popularity and coverage.

In any respect, I must congratulate you for the job you have done so far on all fronts!!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
EL2XR8:
Mate..

I was as harsh as I am on any ford component in my car! Just stating the fact that we as supporters of Ford, we as the clubs, should also be acknowledged!

I think my second lot of comments may have clarified the issue a little

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Laminge:: I agree with you. Fact not harsh !!

·
7,777 Posts
laminge said:
Mate..

I was as harsh as I am on any ford component in my car! Just stating the fact that we as supporters of Ford, we as the clubs, should also be acknowledged!

I think my second lot of comments may have clarified the issue a little
Mate, I reserve the right to stick the boot in whenever I please... :D ;) ;) :p Justified or not!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Geoff Polites said:
The Mustang didn't run because the Bud Racing guys objected to it being re-handicapped again - claiming that it was unfair and that some of the requirements were physically impossible.

BTW, what was the crowd? The reports I read didn't mention the attendance, be it good or bad.
I wonder how important it is to Ford now that two states no longer have a round of the V8 Supercars. (remember my letter)
One of those states has no TV coverage inline with Avesco's conditions.

As far as I am concerned I saw more Ford support at the Australian Open.
:eek:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Very important! Holden stuck by it even in it's lean times, and they are reaping the rewards of that. Motorsport has the ability to significantly alter buying habits (not overnight, but it can.) How many tennis fans are going to buy a Ford because they sponsor the Australian Open? Not nearly as many as they might by continuing to support the Geelong Cats. I imagine tennis fans to be Toyota buyers.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Venom S said:
Very important! Holden stuck by it even in it's lean times, and they are reaping the rewards of that. Motorsport has the ability to significantly alter buying habits (not overnight, but it can.) How many tennis fans are going to buy a Ford because they sponsor the Australian Open? Not nearly as many as they might by continuing to support the Geelong Cats. I imagine tennis fans to be Toyota buyers.

Oh about 350000 Tasmanians for starters.

Now if out of that figure only ten people become lost sales, and if those ten sales were to become repeat buyers what do you think the cost to Ford might be over the next 30 years.

Using Tasmania as an example, when Ford sponsored the Tennis the Ford logo was in the face of everyone. You now have a situation where an entire state of Australia has virtually no exposure the the V8 racing. It hasn't stopped there.
I knew at the start of the season WA was lossing their round.

As you stated the ability to alter buying habbits is not under disput. The effectiveness when portions of the population has no exposure or limited exsposure is not good value for Money.

It is just good business sence. If you have a product you want to sell you need to maximise your exposure . Or at least that is the way it was 15 years ago!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
el2xr8 said:
Agreed!! I mean, things like the Oct trip is fantastic, don't get me wrong. I am SOOOOOO looking forward to it it's not funny! However, it would be nice if we got similiar support shown at a club level. I'm not sure exactly what that would entail, but anything would be better than nothing!
Funny, it seems the voices in this thread have been heard! :D

http://www.nswxrclub.org.au/ubb/Forum2/HTML/000051.html

Almost a shame we're going to Melbourne I think! Definitely next year for me if Ford continue this kind of support. Cheers Geoff, and all those at Ford Racing!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts