Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a Dynomax SS Ultra flow muffler (the same one used on the Hennessey system). I need to find a cool SS tip to set it off. I want a single 4" cannon, like the GReddy tip. Anyone know where I should look? :1read:

·
It's been a long time...
52 Posts
Most muffler shops should have them on display and in stock with lots of different types.

·
Cobra Member *hissssss*
36 Posts

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't like the style of the Pacesetters. They have the painted ends and a logo sticker on them :thdn: I want a plain-jane look.

G

·
Too Techie

Oh my gosh. . . this topic is just too technical . . .

Man, I was hoping there was going to be a big discussion on exhaust design and fluid dynamics or something. . . what a let down.

I give this thread a 1

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
offers no useful info...
doesn't seem to know that the tip is the finishing touch to any exhaust...
makes criticism without just cause...

I give BryanPendleton a :thdn:

G

·
OK. I'll help some.

Next time consider a more appropriate "Post subject"

Examples:
1) Help with exhaust tip selection
2) Whats the best looking exhaust tip
3) Post photos of exhaust tips

Relax . . . . I'm just giving you a hard time. . .

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is about building the perfect exhaust, you have to start somewhere, why not the tip. In light of your knowledge, you have now been appointed my go-to-guy for exhaust help. :beerchuge

I have the muffler ordered, I think I have found the tip that looks good, now moving on to the pipe. The inlet for the muffler is 2.5", it will not match up to the stock pipe, so what's my next step? :1read:

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
You'll have to get a reducer to make it fit..

From 2.5 inches, to whatever your exhaust is..

You may have to cut back on the original exhaust a little to compensate for the reducer so that your muffler does not stick out too far and look retarded.

Just take your muffler/tip to an exhaust shop, they should have the reducer in stock, and they'll be able to weld it all together for you, unless you are experienced in that sort of thing.

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
But I want to run 2.5" piping from the cat to the muffler. What kind of tubing should be used, s.s., aluminized, mandrel bent, or if that's not available press bent? Flange assembly, gaskets, bolts, pre-muffler?

·
Mazda MX6 Member
6 Posts
Re: Too Techie

BryanPendleton said:
Oh my gosh. . . this topic is just too technical . . .

Man, I was hoping there was going to be a big discussion on exhaust design and fluid dynamics or something. . . what a let down.

I give this thread a 1
2.5" mandrel bent with glasspack in place of resonator, testpipe inside cat (to pass visual check) to Dons muffler, to good tip...

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
i'd have to say find a similar tip to the one used on the hennessey.. it looks good.. not to gaudy.. i like mine.. ::s5

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The tip I got is a Megs 4" SS tip. It's sorta plain but should look very nice sticking out the back of the PGT.
I was looking on J.C. Whitney and found mandrel bent pipe sections. I think I could just buy the number of bends and get a muffler shop the weld and add the straight sections. What type of material should the connecting flanges be? I don't want them to rust.

G

·
. I want a single 4" cannon, like the GReddy tip. Anyone know where I should look

That is EXACTLY my muffler setup. It's the Dynomax UltraFlow SS (same as hennessey) With a Greddy Style tip. People still think I have a Greddy!

I would just get the Pacesetter piping and use this muffler

!Voila!

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
SpeedProbe said:
. I want a single 4" cannon, like the GReddy tip. Anyone know where I should look

That is EXACTLY my muffler setup. It's the Dynomax UltraFlow SS (same as hennessey) With a Greddy Style tip. People still think I have a Greddy!

I would just get the Pacesetter piping and use this muffler

!Voila!

Pacesetter sells the piping separate?

G

·
the yellow inside the tips of the pacesetter will be covered up with carbon and impossible to see within about a week of being installed, just so you know.

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I've already purchased my muffler and tip. I'm now working on the piping. 2.5 mandral bent aluminized from the cat-back.

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
HowLeTT said:
the yellow inside the tips of the pacesetter will be covered up with carbon and impossible to see within about a week of being installed, just so you know.

it took a week for you ???? on my first gen in about 25 minutes of driving the yellow was gone.

one of the guys i know just used the piping from jc whitney to make a custom cat back for his car.. the piping is worth the money if you have a welder.

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
tony95pgt said:

.. the piping is worth the money if you have a welder.

The piping from J.C. whitney is aluminized steel. What type of welder/welding material do you use to keep the joints from rusting?

G

·
You can just order the pacesetter exhaust, and weld on the dynomax muffler instead. I thought the pacesetter exhaust was mandrel bent and under $200...I dont know where you can find a custom cat-back mandrel bent for cheaper than that...shit you can even sell the pacesetter muffler when your done.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts