Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Shhh, we're hunting Lions
1,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To anyone who has seen this movie or knows anything about it. The Mustang in Bullitt I think has a 289 that is heavily modified, does anyone know what mods it had because there is know way a stock 289 could keep up with what looked like a 426 hemi Charger. These 2 cars both sound awesome.

I recommend anyone who has not seen the movie to watch it just for the car chase, listen to those awesome V8's. Its pretty good for a 33 year old movie. :D

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
In the movie Bullitt they used 2 '68 mustangs. both of them were 390's, not 289's. one of the stangs was a gt.
Both of the cars had there badges removed to make them look identical.
Somethin else that might be of interest....
The baddies car ('68 440 magnum Charger) was very nearly gunna be a Fairlane (Warner Bros had
a deal with FoMoCo) but the stuntdrivers didn't think that the Fairlane was up to the task

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Just thought I'd mention that I picked it up on DVD at Cash Converters for $12.

... another useless post by Mike.. :wink2:

·
Australian xr8 Member
82 Posts
Adam W said:
To anyone who has seen this movie or knows anything about it. The Mustang in Bullitt I think has a 289 that is heavily modified, does anyone know what mods it had because there is know way a stock 289 could keep up with what looked like a 426 hemi Charger. These 2 cars both sound awesome.

I recommend anyone who has not seen the movie to watch it just for the car chase, listen to those awesome V8's. Its pretty good for a 33 year old movie. :D
Another good movie is gone in sixty seconds dvd,d.t.s sounds bloody briliant.Big block Ford..:evil:

·
Australian ED XR6 Member
569 Posts
If u look wheely closely at the main chase in Bullitt, the charger loses I think it's 8 hubcaps.
Also right at the end of the chase u can see where the charger gets pushed thru the petrol bowser, I mean towed thru it (there is a towbar joinin the front of the two cars together - clearly in view in the DVD version)

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
The main star is a Shelby GT500 (I think) Mustang. Beautiful looking thing, great note, even has nitrous. The movie has PLENTY of other great cars too, since the whole thing is about a group of professional car thieves. Plenty of Porsche, Ferrari, Lambo, and classics action. All either sports or muscle cars (with the exception of a few Merc limos etc). AN ABSOLUTE MUST SEE FOR ANY PETROLHEAD!! :cool:

·
Australia Falcon Member
28 Posts
Bullit

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall an article recently where a bloke in the US built a replica.

They had a sidebar article on the original fastback. The main vehicle was a bog stock 289.:confused:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Yeah I remember reading that too... It's in unique cars march 2001... Big Mustang Issue.. had to hang on to it!!... :wink2:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Gone in 60 seconds chapter 25. volume at -38, two M&k subs. We have ignition if you know what i mean:evil: :evil: :evil:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Gone in 60 seconds chapter 25. volume at -38, two M&k subs. We have ignition if you know what i mean:evil: :evil: :evil:
Oh yeah baby... :evil: That's my next step... I don't have home theatre yet... :(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing