Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys... just curious if anyone knows what the catches might be with buying a Statutory write-off might be from an auction house. I could imagine that I could use the interior (if the car was say a G220 or GT or something) in my BA XR6.

I know I couldn't use the entire chassis/engine combo... but if the engine was still A1 (like the car took a heavy shunt in the rear door line) can I use the engine in another chassis and road register it? Can I use the engine (if it was say an BA XR6T or XR8) in a car I was only going to use on the track?

Does anyone have any links? I couldn't find much on the vicroads site.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
You can use essentially anything from the car for whatever use you want, except for the chassis/body.
It's no different from buying a part from a wrecker which will have many statutory write offs.

Rick.

·
300+rwkw DC LTD Member
1,622 Posts
Soxx said:
You can use essentially anything from the car for whatever use you want, except for the chassis/body.
It's no different from buying a part from a wrecker which will have many statutory write offs.

Rick.
This true a Stat W/O can never be regiastered again.
A repairable W/O can be fixed if ya wanna spend the $$$$

·
Drives like a Grandad
112 Posts
Keep EVERY receipt, document, cheque stubb, Mastercard receipt or hand written note in relation to the bits and pieces and where they have gone.

Take lots of photos as you go for reference.

All the serial numbers of the vehicle will 'flash on a computer' when inspected by the Transport Department or run through a 'police' check on the side of the road.

If you don't have the right answers, your vehicle WILL be siezed and examined by an auto-theft squad to ensure it hasn't been 're-born'

Can take 4 - 8 weeks in Queensland. (It has happened several times.)

·
Registered
155 Posts
Be careful where the car has had the "shunt". It its been hit hard up the bum, check the diff hasn't climed inline with the front seats... it it has, count internals of the g/box as a chuck out item. It its been hit in the side, should all be good! Might have to check the door trims and such though. Sounds like you could do well selling the parts. Would actually be interested in what prices they are pulling.

Actually, I only work 3 blocks from Pickles Auctions in Melbourne... they're always doing damged cars + w/o beasts. I remeber a mint VX SS commy (bar RHS B Pillar touching centre consol) selling for just $11,000. Stat w/o but good engine, box and diff(ok, diff is shit even from new).

But still worth a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts