Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Australian Ford Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok fellas, Saturday is the day to sign a contract and buy the XR6T. First thing to do is to stick a TURBO letters on the sides somewhere nice to make it different to the standard XR6!

Now, my friend who works at ford told me that from idle this turbo is faster than the XR8. I kinda believe that as it has good low torque and light weight than tyhe XR8.

If some one drove both cars, please let me know which one is faster to take of from idle(auto to auto, no trick, no revving silly)

appreciate your opinions and please reply before Saturday:s6:
(I'll get that turbo anyways,hahhahaha, can't wait)

·
Formerly lowercase :-)
823 Posts
You are going to stick more Turbo badges on it? How....ummm....ricer.:and?:

If I were you, I'd pull the one and only Turbo badge off it and scare the sh*t out of everyone who dares pull up to the lights next to you. :evilsmoke

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
ayman, Good to see your trading up to a Ford. Has the 195i Clubbie gone abit long in the tooth.

I believe that the 0-100km/h acceleration between the 2 in stock form are pretty even, but over the 1/4 the XR8 wins.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Hey Ayman,

Congratulations on your future purchase mate! (bastard)
Hope you have lots of fun in it. (I'm sure you will :hehe: )

Sorry, I have no advice to offer as I have not driven either of them, but minteafalcon sort of has a point. Get rid of the only Turbo badge and people will be reluctant to challenge you because they won't know if it is or not. :evilhehe:

·
Kodak Moment
990 Posts
2 bits of advice....DON'T be a ricer and put big turbo stickers and trade in the HSV......you won't be needing that any more!!! :)

·
Australian Ford Member
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
minteafalcon said:
You are going to stick more Turbo badges on it? How....ummm....ricer.:and?:

If I were you, I'd pull the one and only Turbo badge off it and scare the sh*t out of everyone who dares pull up to the lights next to you. :evilsmoke
I'm glad we didn't rush to buy the TE50 when it first appeared, I knew there would be something better, thanks to this forum:)

you know the red turbo badge on the back? maybe just about the side indicator, or where it used to be, will tell the M3 people that the XR6T is not to mess with:)

The only thing really getting to me now is to miss an even better XR8 or an even better GT! In the past ford didn't have much choices, not the bastards doing everything too right:)hahaha.

Trust me, I'm a bit confused which one to have!!! hmmmmm
$43000 and get an HSV killer
$52000 and a bonnet bulge that no one would dare to have a go with!
$62000 and you really get the whole street drooling!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Go for the XR6T IMO, before you have to wait till bloody mid-year 2003 or something silly. I also believe that the XR8 will have a better 0-400m time (just), but the 6T will kick it everywhere else. Unless you really must have a V8, the XR6T is a better purchase IMO.

And Yes! I agree with the other guys, please DON'T go sticking extra badging and crap on such a lovely car!!!

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
If you are worried about power.. wait for the XR8. 20 more Kw and more torque ... not hard to do the sums. Having said that.. there is nothing wrong at all with the turbo!!

decisions decisions.............

·
Registered
58 Posts
you lucky lucky man!!!!
have fun flogging those new magnas oowh there holdens arent they.........Id get xr8 but thats only my opinion

·
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!
1,660 Posts
ohhh ayman!!! you lucky bugger!!! i could strangle you right about now.. heheh

XR6t ! ! ! ! ! with the money you save from not buying a XR8 - get yourself a nice free-flowing exhaust system and mod it a little =)

Have fun! and congradulations mate!!

ChuBBz

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
an extra sticker on the side of the car isnt rice!!!

all you guys reckon everything is rice these days!

so if ya get your car modyfied by herrod, they put few stickers on it, is that rice?? guess it is!!

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
My Dealer gave me the following quotes:
XR6 N/A - Premium Sound - Blue Print - Sequential Auto $42,864
XR6 Turbo - Premium Sound - Blue Print - Sequential Auto $49,240

Whats that price like? A little dear?

·
'94 ED XR8 Sprint Manual
284 Posts
Jaytyn,
There prices look like list prices to me.
Base XR6 N/A Auto =$38695
Base XR6T Auto = $44885
Plus $900 for Sound
Plus $255 for Paint.

comes up to
XR6 = $39,850
XR6T = $46,040
Plus dealer Delivery (in Melb) $800 approx
Plus Rego $520
Plus On Roads = $1600 (approx)

Comes up to
XR6 = $42,770
XR6T = $48,960

How does that compare??

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
jaytyn said:
My Dealer gave me the following quotes:
XR6 N/A - Premium Sound - Blue Print - Sequential Auto $42,864
XR6 Turbo - Premium Sound - Blue Print - Sequential Auto $49,240

Whats that price like? A little dear?
Sheez, from those prices i doubt i'll be able to buy new. I can bet with the options i'm after the XR8 would be a cool $55k.

·
Formerly lowercase :-)
823 Posts
snavy said:
an extra sticker on the side of the car isnt rice!!!

all you guys reckon everything is rice these days!

so if ya get your car modyfied by herrod, they put few stickers on it, is that rice?? guess it is!!

Hehehe....Come on.... It has to be rice.... either that or a flashback to the 80's....

I can see it now....

<FONT SIZE=+1><B><I>TURBO</B></I></FONT>
No....actually I cant! :insane:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Hmm... you're buying a turbo and you want opinions? Well my opinion is this :

YOU ARE A BASTARD!!!! :MrSparkle :s6: :fluffy:

(a lucky bastard that is!)

·
Registered
203 Posts
when you sign make sure the order form has an estimated delivery date.

they default trick is to exclude the date, and with demand the way it is you could be waiting longer than they would like you to believe.

make sure you have a date specified.

·
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!
1,660 Posts
Ayman....(or 2 anyone getting an XR6)
Option the XR door Sill Plates (Scuff plate inserts)!!!! They're a great touch!
also dont forget the slimline numberplates for the front bar - so they don't overhang - looks much cleaner!

Just my opinion really.. but it would look better!
=)

·
Registered
80 Posts
xa-coupe said:
If you are worried about power.. wait for the XR8. 20 more Kw and more torque ... not hard to do the sums. Having said that.. there is nothing wrong at all with the turbo!!

decisions decisions.............
Don't forget about the delivery of torque by the XR6T. 450nm from 2000rpm onwards!! In a lot of respects, torque is a more measurable performance indicator. The XR8 will indeed have more peak torque, but it won't reach it until about 4500rpm I would think. Only the GT will out perform the XR6T overall, IMO. Forget about the VY range, unless you wanna spend 90k.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
About this Discussion
27 Replies
19 Participants
philstoj
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing