Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys im thinking of buying a used ford focus 2012 118k miles for 3850 and ive heard of these cars having transmission issues and i heard ford is discontinuing the focus in 2020. so my question is can i buy car parts or still get it repaired if the trans goes bad considering it being discontinued or would i be screwed? im in north america btw thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see, thanks. Also, what is your guys opinion on ford fusions made in Mexico quality? I saw an 08 for 70k miles and waa wondering if these are good cars as opposed to the focus thanks

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
Fiestas and Fusions have been made in Mexico plant for years . Transmission faults are the same .

" The reports of transmission problems in the Ford Fusion span all years of manufactured models. The varying engine types are all susceptible to the common malfunctions. Issues are cited with 2.3 L engines through the range to 3 L models, and affect both automatic and manual transmissions. "

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see, thank you. Also, how many recalls on a car is too many? Say around 22 regarding airbags on a honda

·
Super Moderator
20,061 Posts
I see, thank you. Also, how many recalls on a car is too many? Say around 22 regarding airbags on a honda
Never heard of or know of any specific vehicle that has been the subject of any where near of 22 recalls for airbags . Takata air bag inflators have been the involved in more than 42 million recalls over different manufacturers to date . What Honda is this ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts