Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, thanks for taking the time. heres the story i promise to keep it short. i just picked this car up from a friend, his brother just died of cancer. the car had been sitting for a few months and ran when it was parked but had a no start condition when i bought it, turns out that the coil went and fried the ecm. i replaced the plugs, wires, coil, cps, ecm (programmed by ford) i dumped the old fuel and replaced with fresh. heres where it gets tricky, car starts cold will run great, like really good, and will stay that way all day. if i shut it off and let it sit for 30 min or so and restart i have a bad misfire and it doesn't go away. if i let it cool all the way down it runs great again, if i shut it down and restart within 5-10 minutes it runs fine, problem only presents on what you may call a warm start. have checked egr, fpr, good injector pulse, have spark. I'm at a loss, has anyone ever come across this?

·
Super Moderator
8,296 Posts
No codes? Check for vacuum leaks as well, sometimes temperature can open them up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts