Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My virus has done more damage then first thought. Need new computer so it is good bye for the time being. I miss two days and look what happens! Tickford sold and the MD joins the forum.

Bye all

·
gone
10,402 Posts
WHAT

Where the hell do you think you are going????????

We just carnt have this.!!!

Right, everyone on the forum to donate $$$$ so we can get our Tasi friend back online asap.

Donantions should be made to the following Commonwealth bank Account...063-000 10011001.. Oh, thats mine,, sorry!

How long are you off for Ian?

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
sorry to hear mate, get it back up soon..but like DK said, you may not actually need a new PC.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
WTF???

Ok tell what virus you have gotten that is going to cause you to replace your computer.

Trust me that there is NOT a virus that would cause you to have to replace your computer. Now I can tell you this first hand since I used to write and cure Virii. There is not any Code that would cause you to have to replace your computer. Now restaging your Harddrive I can see. If ou have a compaq then I can understand that you would think you have to replace your computer.

Compaq used to store the BIOS of the machine on the HDD of the computer. If the HDD gets fragged or even the small partition on that the BIOS is on then your computer would be down.

Now, What I can say is that there is ONE and only ONE virus that can cause a HDD to physically fail. I have a copy of this and trust me you would know that you were hit with it. It over writes your BIOS to play a nice little tune with your HDD heads.

There is "excuse me as I correct myself" one way to cause your computer to look like it was toasted beyond recognition. If you have a BIOS that can be flashed by software. This would have only been done by you. Now it is something that you can correct in most cases depending on the BIOS that you have.

If you have any questions or need any help then email me. I can help you out in any way. I think that I can save you the money that you would spend on a computer to better spend on MODS for your car.

Trust me.

LunaticSS

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
LunaticSS said:
Trust me.
LunaticSS
Trust someone who admits to writing viruses... :WH: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Come on, what do you take us for :?: :wink2: ;) :D

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
I have not done this in a long time. My main focus of destruction now is routers and firewalls.

Trust me Virii is old news. All you have are script Kiddies out there that can not do anything original. back in the day when you hacked, phreaked, carded, toned anything you did it yourself. You did not have the scripts that do itfor you. You went out and found the exploits.

Trust me those Virii days are behind me now. I used to be paid to hack networks and then go back in and secure them. It paid well. How do you think I afforded this server with out advertisers. hahaha

Seriously. the offer stands on the table. maybe I can convince the better half to get me some tickets to fly on down to the land down under and pay you guys a visit. Ohhh dear lord...You guys would have a hay day with me.

HAHHAHA

LunaticSS

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
LunaticSS said:
I have not done this in a long time. My main focus of destruction now is routers and firewalls.

Trust me Virii is old news. All you have are script Kiddies out there that can not do anything original. back in the day when you hacked, phreaked, carded, toned anything you did it yourself. You did not have the scripts that do itfor you. You went out and found the exploits.

Trust me those Virii days are behind me now. I used to be paid to hack networks and then go back in and secure them. It paid well. How do you think I afforded this server with out advertisers. hahaha
LunaticSS
He's right there is no effort needed to send viruses, all you have to do is find an exapmple of the hard work done by people like Lunatic here and run a script, too easy!
I hold you responsible for these malicious script kiddies Lunatic :p

A reformat would probably even fix your problem HSE2 and yes I know how you feel about doing that but it saves ya a helluva lotta cash in the meantime.

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
I just keep upgrading my pc. although i think it has come to the end of its upgradable life or whatever u call it and so next time probably the end of teh year will be a new pc for me :)

in teh 5 yeras i have been on the net i have never got a virus and i download all sorts of stuff, all leagal of course;) , so i don't know why i am so lucky

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
LunaticSS said:
So what ever was the resolution to this problem
Did you get it resolved?
Don't think so. We haven't sighted him for a while.. :(

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
well if someone has a way to reach him let him know.

It would be a shame for him to drop a few hundred on a new computer to find out it was a simple resolution

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
yeah but if he went to a half decent computer store they would let him know how to fix it.

plus i dont think he is that dumb he would know if the computer is totally stuffed or not

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Felicity, Laminge have you got his phone number?
a few hundred on a new HDD or nothing on a reformat is better than a few grand on a new PC
Lunatic: we're talking AU$ not US$ here ;)

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
ok I dont know the exchange rates out there.

But a good computer here would cost in the neighborhood of 4-6 hundred bucks US$. A hard drive here would cost us for a good 30 gig drive is about 89 US$

Dont know what the costs are down there.

LunaticSS

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
30 Gig 5400 rpm ATA 100 drive goes for around $200

And don't even get me started on the prices of systems... :fmad:

I hope to be able to afford a KT7a and 1gig athlon soon, it'll weigh in @ about $500 at the current values iirc.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
13 Participants
XR_Strider_GuY
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing