Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie in this forum i also belong to the chevy truck forum as i own a 70 gmc truck with 355 supercharge 2 600's carbs 4 spd 4.11 posi
anyhow i have worked for ford dealerships for over 20 years and always own a ford ranger or cars but since i gotten older and wider i went and got a 1990 crown vic 5.0 with only 58k miles on it its clean in and out yes a little old lady owned it and used it for trips to the store (lol) so i this is what i have done to it since every thing is still original expect for the stereo she had changed
so heres what i got under the hood that changed msd wires/autolite racing plugs/msd cap and rotor /upper and lower and themostat by pass hose/k&n air filter/goodyear belts/fel pro valve cover gaskets (blue) reuseable /kyb shocks (4) /transmission service with torque convt. flushed with filter kit/clean the intake manifold pleumn /fuel injection cleaning with fuel filter /check brakes good brakes disc ft drums rears (will swap the drums in rears to disc conversion
any one know a good web site for conversion kit ?
well if you want to check out my ride 70 gmc goto this http://www.cardomain.com/ride/758311
and i get some picture of the crown vic asap :rockon:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys the vic is in the shop like i said above i went and had a bunch of services done like the transmission flush with torque converter flush and when i pick the car up the transmission slips like a big time like the clutches werent grabbing so i suspect that the new fluid from the flush wash the varnish off the clutches and band so i called my ford buddy (trans spec.) he told me to see if the tv cable got knock off i guess there a gromment the cable goes thur and is next to the dipstick and sometimes the dipstick knocks it off the trans
so there check its not the tv cable so now there going to remove the valve body and see maybe crud got in the solinod it seems it only happens when going into overdrive
so the mechanic that work on it is stay late at night and work on it on his own time
i just hope they dont and try to stay that the trans problem was there before and now with the flush that it finally went out

1 - 4 of 4 Posts