Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Radisch: If he hadn't been "knocked out"in qualifying, he would have won the round for sure! It was so good to see him OWN HSV's Jason Bright...always starting from behind him in the grid but ending up ahead of him!!

Jnr. Johson: If he hadn't stuffed up that start in the second race.....nuff said!

Man, would've been good to give it to all the Holden boyz in the stands!!!!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
There is not doubt that the shell cars are the best Fords at getting out of the slower corners. Hope they can continue in that vain for the rest of the season

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm wondering what's been happening with Craig Lowndes lately? He started out having a great start to the season but the last couple of rounds he seems to struggling midfield. :(

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I won't pretend to know the answer to this one but early in the year it was a SBR Falcon, pure and simple. Gibson has been making changes to the car to suit Craig and the car has gone backwards. They also had some luck with the pitstop races but for sure the out right car speed seems to have gone off. The last two races has seen a few of the Ford team struggle with set up. You have to hand it to DJR to get back on track after suffering similar handling problems at the start of the year.

M

·
0 Posts
Falchoon said:
I'm wondering what's been happening with Craig Lowndes lately? He started out having a great start to the season but the last couple of rounds he seems to struggling midfield. :(

Craig cant perform miracles (although some may say he already has) in a car which is four years old and well past its use by date - hes already exceeded all expectation for a team in its infancy......he would be much higher up in the points if that crap at Eastern creek had not happened - won race one, would have won two and three as well.....lotsa points there.

Over the last couple of months, the teams focus would have been on the new car, as it obviously has been, so I think Oran Park will be a different story - dont write off Lowndeseey just yet......

T

·
0 Posts
I have to agree with madmax, there's method in the madness, dont write off lowndes just yet.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It wasn't ready or something. Should debut at Oran Park. Cromly might get to drive lowndsey's current car from now on too I think?

·
gone
10,402 Posts
So if he is going to drive a new car, where can we get some details re this, ie whats so special about it, backing, design etc

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I agree about not writing Craig off but I just don't know about the car being sub standard.
1 SBR fords are up there with the very best engineered cars out there
2 The SBR power plant aint no rover motor

1 - 10 of 10 Posts