Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Xf with a Mussy US 92 5.0 HO roller Motor,stock as a rock except for extractors, t5, 9" with 4.11's.
Has standard mass air, t body & intake & k&N.
Runs well, but I want a bit more with about $1000 to play with.

My question...

1) How do I get extra bang for buck within my budget?

I was thinking 77mm mass air, adjustable fuel regulator, 24 lb injectors & 65mm t/body.

What do you think?

Who can calibrate this all together in sydney?

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
You mention just extractors, what exhaust are you running?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what does it run like with 4.11's in the butt. how is it around the city and out in the country.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Nice XF there, thats an XF with muscle. Must haul mate.

Geez 4.11 ratio, that is super short what is the engine doin at 100km/h.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THE DOCTOR said:
what does it run like with 4.11's in the butt. how is it around the city and out in the country.

Runs fine, T5 .86 5th stops it from over revving on the freeway, with bootloads of power going back to fourth for overtaking the odd HSV:D
Off the line, quick accelaration from 1st to second, revs quickly, normal sedate starts can even tale off in 2nd. Great for towing.

Why did I choose an xf? its a little bit different, and I like the square shape.

I just want a bit more oooomphh......:p

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Nice XF there, thats an XF with muscle. Must haul mate.

Geez 4.11 ratio, that is super short what is the engine doin at 100km/h.
thanks - she does. .086 5th stops it from overrevving on the freeway, back to fourth to overtake and hold on...

Hvent calibrated the 6 tacho to the eight yet, looking to put a monster one in into the dash next to the speedo in the place of the old one, so I play it by ear at the moment...

At a guess, at 100 km / h i'd say around 3000 - but thats a guess - but shes not overrevving.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Martin said:
You mention just extractors, what exhaust are you running?
after the HSV cats (shhh - dont tell anyone) 2 x 2 1/4 into a single two and a half, and the last bit is 3" out the rear - its on the way out, so Im open to suggestions.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Mad Max,
You seem to want to get more fuel into the motor without getting more air into it. Spend the grand on the heads and if any money left over a set of 1.72 roller rockers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts