Ford Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know the Tickford Family Day for 2002 is creeping up on us. The Tickford Car Club - SA is looking into how we can make it more of a weekend for our members. There are a couple of things we are considering, firstly we would like to go to the Discovery Centre on the way over, so we need to know who we need to talk to and the prices and opening times. Secondly, we want to do a tour of the Ford factory so we need to know the details of how we canmake this happen and who we need to talk to.

Thanks for all your help,

Rodney
Chairman
Tickford Car Club - SA

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Hi Rodney,

To answer your questions... that would be me... and me!

I handle bookings for the FDC and the Ford plants. I doubt if a tour of the Broadmeadows plant will be possible at that time but I should be able to get you through Geelong. The Discovery Centre offer group discounts for 15 or more people ($3.80 p/p)and is open every day except Tuesdays from 10am till 5pm. Give me a call on 03 5227 8709 to book.

Felicity

:cheer:

·
Registered
880 Posts
flis,
You forgot to mention that i am the best tour guide in victoria.:HAHA: (Space Lord's head increases in size at this point)

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I dunno, after the Ford Forums Raid I think Flick has the right to be called the best tour guide in victoria. I'm sure none of the other raiders would disagree! :s3

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Venom XR said:
I'm sure none of the other raiders would disagree! :s3
Hmmm.. Having seen Alex in action he does do a mean tour of the FDC but the gongs gotta go to Flick for the 5 day rampage

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Venom XR said:
I dunno, after the Ford Forums Raid I think Flick has the right to be called the best tour guide in victoria. I'm sure none of the other raiders would disagree! :s3
Why thank-you Venom XR

:cool:

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
Ford Man said:

Hmmm.. Having seen Alex in action he does do a mean tour of the FDC but the gongs gotta go to Flick for the 5 day rampage
But have you seen ME in action on a tour of the FDC??

:wtf:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discovery said:
But have you seen ME in action on a tour of the FDC??
Yes but you weren't doing a tour.. but it did involve a 100ltr pool of jelly out the back...

Edit: I have since been told that Flick is the best "tour guide" of the FDC on the face of the earth..

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Flic,

I think there will be some people from the NSW club that would be interested in that too. (the tour.. not the jelly)

·
Mistress Death Metal ;)
1,372 Posts
XR8chic said:
Flic,

I think there will be some people from the NSW club that would be interested in that too. (the tour.. not the jelly)
Should get a group together from SA and NSW to do the tour. Let me know if you're interested. I'll have to set a day aside as I am getting bookings for Feb already .

:cheer:

·
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When is the NSW club heading down for the weekend? we were looking at doing the tour on the Friday afternoon before we get to Melbourne. We were going to leave the Highway and go to Geelong and then go to Melbourne. You could possibly meet us in Geelong and then we could all drive back into Melbourne together.

Rodney

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

Not entirely sure about when everyone is going... but I think I will do the same as last year - leave on Friday arvo, and arrive Sat morning. (then get almost no sleep before going out to tickford to help scribble chalk marks on the ground)

:)

·
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well if you want to talk to the rest of the club about it and then get back to us, we will sort something out. Do you know where your club is staying in Melbourne.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Ahhhh

Supose its upto too us Melbourne guys to roganise a car cruise for the night, some 200XR's kicking but all over Melbourne sounds like fun!!!

·
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tickfords have already organised a cruise for the Saturday night and by what XR8chic said it doesn't look like the NSW guys are getting there until Saturday anyway so a cruise on the Friday night probably isn't possible. Does anyone know when the Queensland club is coming down. Is there anyone from Tasmania coming over for the event, or even Western Australia and the Northern Territory.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
SA Tickford said:
Tickfords have already organised a cruise for the Saturday night and by what XR8chic said it doesn't look like the NSW guys are getting there until Saturday anyway so a cruise on the Friday night probably isn't possible. Does anyone know when the Queensland club is coming down. Is there anyone from Tasmania coming over for the event, or even Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
Yes there will be people from Tasmania there!

·
Congo Green BA XR6 Turbo
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thats good, it will be nice to see some different clubs there, when are you looking at arriving in Melbourne

1 - 20 of 27 Posts