Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

Just wondering if many of you have aftermarket cams in your V8s, which type, and how much to get installed?

I once asked Romano performance in Brisbane (who have done the burgundy EB fairmont, 347 stroker, 8 throttle bodies, 12s quarter mile) about getting an aftermarket cam installed in a 5.0L and they said it would cost about $3,000?? They reckoned they had to grind something back, I can't remember.

Can anyone out there share a few experiences or a bit of advice?

(yeahh... a fully worked XY just hammered it up the street bagging it all the way through first and second :) I love working next to the road)

P

·
0 Posts
Yes check out www.summitracing.com I got one from them $153.00 usa about $500.00 landed here.24 hour service 7 days aweek.You wiil require a 70mm maf you may have depending on model of Henry,check out other parts too.They will send you a cataloge of ALL there parts.Have your credit card ready!They are cheaper than Crane or comp cams direct.Check out there rather cheap[?] alloy heads too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Paul, I will check it out. What about fitting though? This guy reckoned they are a major pain in the rear end to fit? How much was yours to fit or did u do it yourself?

P

·
0 Posts
Yes I did it myself,about four hours.I put new alloy heads etc on too.I think on a 5 Ltr they have to come off,[heads] the roller cam followers cannot come out of there bores.The radator,front bumper take out.Air con can be moved to side to keep gas.There are so many cams I used e 303svo to be, well legal in California should bo o/k here.But there are some with more lift or maybe less duration.Personally I would'nt go over [email protected] or 280.advertised e303 is most they recomend for std heads.Thought of 1;7 cobra rockers and good valve springs/valve job? More lift with no extra duration.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts