Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see that the Camaro/Firebird may be dead.GM has made no final decision but the 2002 model may be the last.Sales figures of 42131 Camaros,31013 Firebirds against 173676 Mustangs.Small article from NZ Auto Trader.I wonder what the boys at LS1 think of that.Got to keep our spirits up with good news .:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I personally dont think its good news, competition improves the breed! And personally I think the Camaros and TransAms are awesome :cool: They are low 13/high 12 second cars from the factory! :eek:
But the next Mustang is looking promising, 350Hp 5.0L V8 and an unnamed engine with a supercharger :D

Rumor has it that the Camaro may come back as a retro-vehicle which could use the Commo Coupe platform, but theres no word on a new TransAm :(

Gm also make very little profit on the Corvettes, but the only reason its still alive because of image, and the 2003 C6 Vette will be going Viper hunting :eek:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Big Block Ford said:
173676 Mustangs.
And to think the Stang came sooooooooo close to being replaced with the first model Ford Probe in the late 80s, Thanks John Coletti!! You should be running Ford!!

·
Administrator
4,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats scary Martin that the stang nearly went. I quite like the 67-70 camaros and those mid 80s IROC Camaros ,I am glad that it's the Camaro goin and not the stang.Ford Man ..what you say crossed my mind as well and gave me a shiver down the spine that if the Falcon doesn,t take off God forbid they mite think of sending the Falcon to rest with the Camaro.:eek: :eek:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I don't think we have to worry about the Falcon selling in those numbers... The entire Aust auto industry is lucky to sell that many new cars!!...

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
I was listening to radio show here in the states, G GORDON LIDDY and he had a guy on that wrote ALL CORVETTES ARE RED. He stated that the Vette be4 this current body style was DEAD, not happening for about two weeks, then a few execs with out OTHER HIGH UP GM folks knowing took some $$ and a few folks and started working on the current model. Most folks at the plant in Bowling Green Kentucky didn't know it was happening.:evil:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
gfairlie
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing