Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi has anybody used the crane f-238 with 2v cast heads and any hp figures i am currently using f-246 made good hp but not happy with torque figures

·
Registered
311 Posts
brenx said:
Pity it didn't even have a driver @ 2050kgs. Mine weighed in @ 1610kgs (no driver).
I was going to ask did Hallam Performance have anything to do with the weighbridge (but that would be rude :priest: )..........& you answered that question. Assuming the weight is correct, the et & mph is excellent for a tank of that weight.

·
Registered
77 Posts
so you are saying at 2050 kg's which is 4510 pounds without driver either you heard the weigh bridge operator wrong or there was something wrong with the weigh bridge . and if this is so maybe all your motors dont make as much power as you think going by your quarter mile times and the obviously wrong weights .

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
I'm pretty sure the XB owners manual states 1950kgs for a povo pack XB wagon no options. All that extra glass and power tailgate does weigh something. Since you guys know it all I'll just PM you when I need to know. Maybe you should ring Dyers transport and tell them their weigh bridge is out. I doubt a transport company will allow their weigh bridge to be out due to the fines they can incur for overloading etc.

·
Registered
77 Posts
touchy touchy brenx just voicing our opinion as we are entitalled to do , i have noticed you give your opinion out freally on subjects especially to crochunter [ give it but cant take it ] .

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
brenx said:
I doubt a transport company will allow their weigh bridge to be out due to the fines they can incur for overloading etc.
Scapmetal yards that buy stock, will weigh less(you know why) and people
carrying weight for a living will read heavy(you also know why).
Thats what i have found over the years.

·
74 XB Fairmont
5,113 Posts
turbomania said:
touchy touchy brenx just voicing our opinion as we are entitalled to do , i have noticed you give your opinion out freally on subjects especially to crochunter [ give it but cant take it ] .
No, just correcting people on things they no nothing about. The car that we are takling about I've had dealings with for 9-10 years. I think I know what it weighs.

To be more descriptive for some :

1950kgs povo pack now to that 1950kgs add -:

- central locking + alarm system
- power steering
- power window for tailgate
- all chromes
- remember ford did all weights as dry weight 30 years ago. Add oils and water
- alloy wheels (believe it or not they weigh more than stockies).

It doesn't take much to add 100kgs or more to a car.

The car has had 3-5 engine combinations in it. I've learnt quite a substancial amount of knowledge from this particular car alone.

Crochunter just likes to stir if you haven't figured that out. Crochunter also likes to disadvantage others to advantage himself. Thats a very competative nature. I read it as I see it. No smoke and mirrors. Keep BS for the mushrooms. They like BS and being kept in the dark.

[edit] I've taken plenty over the years, which regulars here know. I'm usually the one laughing in the end. Most here I wouldn't consider regulars. I've been using this board for many years.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts